• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

opinions on colour ?

CKLclive

Banned
Car
CLK 430
Right guy's as you well know I have a newly aqquired CLK 430 facelift and
it will be my new project car for 2012, as you well know the CLK 230K
under went the DCP treatment last year with a colour change from Azurite blue to Arctic white with black pano roof simulation.
So here is the Q? what colour to do the 430 ? Black bodywork with Purple mica roof, lowered of course and two tone interior ? :confused:

Bright yellow, of the custardy variety?!

Sounds crazy but I remember my friend's dad having a VW Corrado in a full on custard yellow in the early 90's and it was very cool :)

Wasn't particularly unique either - recall seeing lots around, although haven't seen a Corrado of any kind for a long time.

Edit - recall seeing such a colour on a CLS AMG on another forum - owner was in UAE or something. It had an air of giant banana but was much more interesting that the regular silver/black.

Last edited:
That could work well.

Another member posted pics in a previous thread of a CLK430 in Titanite red and it looked extremely good on that car. Best merc Colour I've seen. Volvo used to do a colour I think they called blackberry which was a pearl purple that was so dark as to be almost black.

If you just want it stand out, do it redneck style and use spray on bed liner for pickup trucks. Adds a lovely texture too, and very scrath resistant. Or go for the full on hill billy look and do the whole thing in plasti dip.

Another member posted pics in a previous thread of a CLK430 in Titanite red and it looked extremely good on that car. Best merc Colour I've seen. Volvo used to do a colour I think they called blackberry which was a pearl purple that was so dark as to be almost black.

If you just want it stand out, do it redneck style and use spray on bed liner for pickup trucks. Adds a lovely texture too, and very scrath resistant. Or go for the full on hill billy look and do the whole thing in plasti dip.

Titanite red looks fantastic with beige nappa leather/carpets door cards/dash:thumb:

years ago, I coveted this DM Red CLK .. I couldn't get the photo right ..

DSC00935.jpg

DSC00934.jpg

DSC00933.jpg

DSC00932.jpg

I have a car in a very similar colour to the Mystic red. It a nice colour in full sunshine, but an look more like Doom Maroon otherwise.

Ok here goes having a special mix black purple mica made to order ala DCP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom