• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Opinions on w124 interior please

d w124

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
w124 3.6AMG styling E320 S124 Lorinser styling
Can you please help me decide what to do with the interior of my saloon as I`m having trouble deciding
Now my car has leather interior but the front seats have seen better day`s

If I re-trim the front seats I might as well do the rears too,so

Option 1 is have a full re-trim including part of the door cards so the whole interior would look fresh.That would cost me 1500+vat OR

Option 2 is to retim the recaro seats that I have at the cost of 1200+vat & that`s for the front seats only

The recaros would look like these but my ones are cloth

8de7_13.jpg

All the ^ qoutes are from D-Class

Last edited:
Wow!
I knew I should have gone on that upholstery course!
Personally, id do the recaros and save for the rears to match (id keep the orig fronts so you can put them back in at resale)
Or
Look out for a complete interior on ebay etc to save having to lash out so much on a retrim!

Look out for a complete interior on ebay etc to save having to lash out so much on a retrim!

I do look on ebay but finding electric seals in good condition is not easy
I bought an interior and I clearly asked the chap if they were electric and after paying so much for delivery,only the drivers one was electric

The car is a keeper so I would not worry about resale

Recaros Dash.

Exclusivity, style and just the sheer buzz of knowing there will not be another 124 like it.

Dash, have you tried Cass Bros in Bromley for a quote as well? Always worth getting a few quotes in mate. I too reckon you should go for the recaro's!

I'll buck the trend and say Option 1. I like the traditional W124 interior and those Recaro seats look very space-age to my eyes.

Recaros, definetly without doubt, a no brained in my mind.

I'll buck the trend and say Option 1. I like the traditional W124 interior and those Recaro seats look very space-age to my eyes.

i can see where you coming from but in w124 terms those seats kick ass big time and they are like rocking horse **** to boot

Got to be those Recaro's man!

Dash - these are for the black saloon I take it?. I am inclined to say you should do the Recaros (in black?), my only worry is that there will be an obvious contrast with the age of the leather between the front and the back. Just make sure the black car is a keeper and do the rears later!

Can you please help me decide what to do with the interior of my saloon as I`m having trouble deciding
Now my car has leather interior but the front seats have seen better day`s

If I re-trim the front seats I might as well do the rears too,so

Option 1 is have a full re-trim including part of the door cards so the whole interior would look fresh.That would cost me 1500+vat OR

Option 2 is to retim the recaro seats that I have at the cost of 1200+vat & that`s for the front seats only

The recaros would look like these but my ones are cloth

8de7_13.jpg

All the ^ qoutes are from D-Class

What colour are you going with ?

Perhaps you could tint out (tastefully) the rear windows on the car to stop any glaring differences in leather finishes.

Dash, I take it you mean your going to re-trim the Recaro's from cloth to leather right? If so, do the Recaro's and then get the rears done later. You've seen how they look in Jays black 124 estate, so definitely go with it. Just don't get them done in any other colour.

If you just want to get the interior freshened up, I'm sure you could get any leather scuffs/damage repaired and the whole interior re-coloured so it looked like new for a lot less than £1,500 + vat.

I can see why people like the recaros, especially as they were on the AMG options list, but I wouldn't want to live with them every day. They remind me too much of badly modded sierra cosworths. Stick with the original interior.

original seats

the w124 is not a sporty car that needs recaros its a luxury car and needs comfy seats

would be like having normal w124 seats in a lambo or some such sporty motor

Some varying opinions dash..tough choice?

I wanted to go down the recaro route as you know. I was prepared to get those recaro CSE's from Germany, but in the end originality was what i really was after.

The thing is you have already got them and thats the reason i said recaros.

It is a brilliant retrofit however, albeit probably the most expensive. If you do it, make sure there aint no half measures and go 100% through with it. IMO they suit a 124 proper.

in the words of DAPPY "No regrets, no regrets No regrets" ! lol.

- sorry its on the box while im writing this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom