• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Opinions please gents.

isojet

Car
E350 cdi Sport.
Hi all, I'm about to purchase one of two cars and I'm in a dilemma as to which one to get, I've owned both previous models before but the W211 versions and I still can't make my mind up, economy versus sport.
I'm going to list the two cars below and would appreciate your views and feedback.
Thanks.
E250se, ext sports pack 11 reg, 23k, 7g box with satnav, one owner, no xenon no folding mirrors.

E350 sport, 60 reg, 57k, command satnav, reversing camera, all the toys.

Both cars one owner with merc warranty, both in metallic silver, the 250 is actually a grand cheaper, both are fast cars, my head tells me to go with the economy and forfeit a few extras but my heart says 350 as that V6 is a stunning engine, I do about 10k mileage a year, any thoughts would be appreciated.

No brainer - the 350. In 10k miles the saving on fuel is not worth thinking about. Get the proper engine for a car like this.

Sorry to say it, I'd also say go for the 350 with the toys - you won't regret it :)

Got to be the 350. You can always drive it like a nun if you want economy but the power will always be there if needed.

Get the misters engine and don't worry about economy, this is what I regularly achieved out of an E350 V6 CDI;

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your thoughts, I probably already knew the answer as I sold a 57 plate sport 320 last year, and as the new owner was driving away I felt a wave of depression coming over me. Although I did think one or maybe two would have sided with the 250, as its had some good reviews with the critics, one horse race then it seems :dk:
E350 it is then, thanks for your time gentleman.

Thank you for your thoughts, I probably already knew the answer as I sold a 57 plate sport 320 last year, and as the new owner was driving away I felt a wave of depression coming over me. Although I did think one or maybe two would have sided with the 250, as its had some good reviews with the critics, one horse race then it seems :dk:
E350 it is then, thanks for your time gentleman.

Keep us posted please - and once you've gone ahead we love to see photos of cars :D

Well I would jump at the 350 Sport and then back away that it is a 60 plate with 57K on the clock. Can you not find a lower milage 350 within budget?

S

Hi Simon, its the mileage that bothers me and the reason I'm attracted to the 250 is its a difference of about 35k, I've managed to get a great deal on the 350, under 20k with a book price of 24k from main dealer, I know the miles are high but its Fmbsh and these engines are more than capable of doing 100k plus. I'll take another look before I commit myself, maybe we'll start that old mileage debate again :crazy: How much is too much, lol.

Very true, I was just thinking in terms of brakes and it may need bigger services etc.

The fact that you do 10k per year will mean the car is always above average mileage and will sell for less if/when you come to sell.

But as you say, it is a modern car and with that engine should go for a very long time.

MB warranty is 3years/100k anyway isn't it?

You only live once - go for the 350....

S

PS MB Cheltenham have a Palladium 350 marked up for £23,850 with 30k on the clock(No idea if it is any good). So I suppose 20K is a pretty good price.

Got be be a well equipped V6.

Nothing sadder than plastic blanking plates where buttons should be!

It also comes with a 12 months Mercedes warranty, which is peace of mind as the merc warranty is one of the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom