Origin Blue Speedcamera detector

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rirhill

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Estate
Managed to get myself a OB i new for £250 and its great. But I know someone mentioned having one and they had it installed. Please could you tell me how you installed it in the ash tray.

Thanks
Ian

Cool , where did you get it for £250 from?

Here is Guy's the install in the ashtray , hope you don't mind me using your pickie Guy.

int.jpg

He more than likely got the power from the loom for the cigerette lighter as on the W203 ive shown in another post

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1851

Yours should be similar , but , i think the cable colours are diferent.

Last edited:
do you have to have a separate GPS receiver? will the ashtray close?

Ashtray2.jpg

Because I'm cr*p at these things I had a local Co fit it at the same time as they fitted Tracker for me. It comes with its own GPS aerial. Photo above gives some idea how they did it - Fuzzer is right, power via cig lighter.

Ashtray1.jpg

Ashtray will shut - unit sits on Velcro you can see in Pic 1, will push back to shut, pull forward when open.

Ashtray3.jpg

Hope this helps :)

Guy thanks for that. Oh please tell me where did you put the GPS sensor? Is it on th back parcel shelf?

I managed to buy it from a shop in Winchester boxed and unregistered. Found it through ebay.

Cheers
Ian

Last edited:
Oh there are two come up on ebay. They tend to go around the £275 - £310 mark.

Cheers
Ian

If I knew I'd tell you right now, but I didn't put it in myself.

I'll talk to the guy who did it (will try tomorrow) and get back to you asap.

I have been going through the good points and bad points of both the Origin and Road Angel, the Road angel seems to have some better features but I dont like the idea of having to stick it on the dash/windscreen.

What Guy has done with his, is good and does not look out of place. I think £400 is alot of dosh for another gadget but if it helps me avoid another fine and in the long term keep my license then it is cheap.

Jimmy
You can get them new for about £350. I could justify paying £400 but I spent a month looking for one at the right price. It pays to shop around.

I'll talk to the guy who did it (will try tomorrow) and get back to you asap

Thanks Guy.

Cheers
Ian

I beleive Costco are selling them for about £300, anybody tried the new Snooper one with GPS and laser/radar detector built in ?

n3thn
I considered that, but its all the false alarms that pee you off.
Thats why I chose the OB (and it was cheap).

Cheers
Ian

I've just bought the Snooper S6-R Neo, only used once to Tilbury & back & it seemed to work fine. The laser detector is a seperate unit & it can be disconnected, or you can just buy the GPS unit itself.

Will keep you informed as to its progress.

Originally posted by rirhill
Guy thanks for that. Oh please tell me where did you put the GPS sensor? Is it on the back parcel shelf?

Cheers
Ian

Yes :)

Originally posted by n3thn
I beleive Costco are selling them for about £300, anybody tried the new Snooper one with GPS and laser/radar detector built in ?

I saw that the other day, £249+VAT (£293) plus you can take it back at time if your not happy with it, even if its months later.

I'd quite fancy one myself.

Is there any chance of a group buy for one - if enough of us got together?

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom