P025113 error code on 2017 Sprinter 314CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonnypitlad

Car
Sprinter
Hello
I have error code P025113 “The output for the Quantity Control Valve has an electrical fault, there is an open circuit “
Vin WDB9066352P53562
I’m using Icarsoft MB V2.0 diagnostic tool
I’ve searched this forum for “P025113”...no results found
Does anyone have experience of resolving this issue
The check engine light is constantly on and the van seems to be now in “ limp mode” ie very low power and doesn’t rev above 2000rpm
I googled “ P025113 Mercedes “, there’s an interesting article from Lou Polomino on justanswer.com
It seems it’s not a mechanical fault, more likely faulty circuits
I’ve checked that fuse no. 6 is OK
There’s no obvious damage to the wiring ( a visual check)
Part of my problem is that I’m not sure where the quantity control valve is located
A photograph would be helpful
Also any advice on wiring colour codes for a 2017 Sprinter to check with a multimeter
I’d appreciate any help

I might be able to help, here.
The qty control valve is located on the front of the High Pressure Injection pump body. (HPIP/ HPOP).
It looks like this:-

Its fairly delicate so there is a chance that the connector stub has broken/cracked hence the fault.
So check it first at the socket for corrosion.
In fact as a rudimentary test simply disconnect it, clear the fault with your scan tool in KOEO, and go for a start . See if the fault returns the same or is different, Does it start?
Its held on to the pump by three allen screws so easy to change if you decide to "shot gun" it & do a replacement repair or change by part diagnosis. .
Normally its tested using an oscilloscope in a shop like mine . To test it you use the tool (oscilloscope) back probe into the socket & look for as square wave form when running.
So there's the basics, enough to do some digging.
All the best
Tuercas Viejas

An example of a shop test:-
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Many Thanks TV
I’ll try that
Unfortunately I wasn’t clear in my my post
I should have said.... a photo of the location of the QCV in the engine bay
LHS near turbo or RHS near fuel filter?
You may now be aware that I’m new to maintenance on the Sprinter
A photo/sketch/ drawing if you could would be appreciated

Hello T/V
Your input is invaluable but again I haven’t been clear in my description
The engine is type OM651 number 65195534270732
Not OM654
I’ve tried looking for similarities between OM654 & OM651 but I still can’t find the QCV
drawing reference Y94
I’ve tried to follow the small diameter hard pipe from fuel rail to find the high pressure pump and hence QVC, but I get lost in the gubbins and hoses/ clips surrounding the fuel filter area
In other words.....
Can you send me similar details for the OM651 engine if you have them please?
I’ve seen YouTube videos on much older Sprinter engines where the QVC is located at engine front and easily snapped if the serpentine belt snaps
I think this is what is misleading me

I still can’t locate the QCV Y94 on the OM651 engine
I’ve seen the location on a schematic
I’ve removed air filter box and black sound deadening cover
Unclipped fuel filter and put to one side, removed the large cabin filter box
Looked/felt for it at back and side of the engine, from underneath
Is there anything I should remove to find it?
Initially I just wanted to check for a good connection and eliminate broken wires
It would be a nightmare to replace...if I eventually find it
I’ve read that these error codes can be caused by poor voltage
My Icarsoft MB V2.0 records....
Min 11.86v Max 11.98v with ignition off
Min 11.19v Max 11.98v with ignition on
Wave Min 11.70 Max 11.78
Do the above figures suggest a healthy battery?
I noticed when I removed the cabin filter box that a braided copper earth cable from chassis to engine was green with corrosion, I’ll clean it with contact cleaner and petroleum jelly, might this be causing problems
Any help would be appreciated, my van has been off the road for many days now

Attachments

• ADBCB0E1-6978-4752-9BCB-A4587C09CC21.jpeg
    ADBCB0E1-6978-4752-9BCB-A4587C09CC21.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Follow the Russkies tearing down an OM651 engine and stop at 14,22 minutes to observe the HPOP and CCV
T/V

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

TV thanks for your perseverance in trying to help me
I couldn’t see the QCV on the video at 14.22 minutes
I found a drawing which showed it located directly below the highest manifold of the EGR pipe
I removed the black cabin filter box for access
There’s cables& tubes obscuring the area
Unfortunately I strained my back while trying to contort myself to see the QCV
I rested for a few days, never did see, feel or smell this QCV critter and hey hoh the error code has cleared
I suspect it’s been a faulty battery ( 4 year old) that’s been causing these error codes
I appreciate your assistance

Guys I know post is very OLD!
I have same issue how the guy...
What was done on vehicle.
changed QCV on high pressure pump.
then changed high pressure pump with regulator (another one)
2 wires which are going to ECU from QCV was made different ones (to exclude wire cut). - temp.
changed all high pressure rail with sensors. (in one set).
what`s next please... fighting with this issue already week - NEED Ideas.
oh yes - it is mercedes sprinter 2016 (first half) OM651 313 2.1 (IF UK KX16LLT)

update :
checked
  1. faulty crankshaft position sensor. - looks ok - in scanner showing speed of turnover when cranking.
  2. faulty intake air temperature sensor. - looks ok - temp shows as it is outside
  3. faulty optical sensor. - is that one on QCV? if yes then it is replaced.
  4. faulty accelerator position sensor - swapped with other one for test. (scanner was saying its 18% - but it have to be at 4%)

Hello XAMBC
It is an old thread, so old that I’ve forgotten most of the details. I was very fortunate that many of my error codes were false alerts created by a poor battery and disappeared when the new battery was fitted....Phewww!
I never did locate that supposedly faulty valve, I had to become a contortionist in the engine bay, I concluded that the engine would have to come out to locate/ work on it
So unfortunately I can’t offer you any suggestions, you have my sympathy though

Hello XAMBC
It is an old thread, so old that I’ve forgotten most of the details. I was very fortunate that many of my error codes were false alerts created by a poor battery and disappeared when the new battery was fitted....Phewww!
I never did locate that supposedly faulty valve, I had to become a contortionist in the engine bay, I concluded that the engine would have to come out to locate/ work on it
So unfortunately I can’t offer you any suggestions, you have my sympathy though
hi, i will try your way monday - let`s see if it will help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom