PDA (xda2?) help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I must admit, I wasn't TOO impressed when I got the XDA... the 02 logo was in the way of the wifi connection logo and some other stuff was just anoying. I have since gotten the ROM updated, and it might just be me; but it seems MUCH better! meaning, all the 02 stuff has dissapeared, its gone back to a nice microsoft windows theme and generally feels simpler.

Oh and a simple software I can strongly reccomend is "Hitchhiker for pocket pc" ( as seen here http://www.freewareppc.com/communication/hitchhiker.shtml and in several otehr places). Its not totally finished, it required you install the .Net framework SP3 (compact edition; it gives you a link to that when you start it... the IIi had SP2 only) but then its great. Click once and it will deral with all the wifi setting s for you!

blicky_1 said:
I am still awaiting a replacement from 02 the XDA2i has been sitting in my drawer at the office collecting dust for the last 3 months!!
QUOTE]

This sounds about right.

We run a fleet of XDA products and upto 40 are off at repair at any given time.
That doesn't include all the ones that are having system reloads and just won't work due to locking up/failing to charge/dropping phone calls etc.
Soft resets are a regular necessity.

Our fleet is approx 450 units so the failure rate is pretty high.

My money wouldn't be going into one just yet!

Just a quick note, for those that DO have an XDA (or any pocket pc PDA I think...) I have a relatively pretty theme based on a merc... Let me figure out hot to take a screenshot and Ill post it here. If anyone wants a copy, drop me a line!
Michele

--EDIT--
Some nice merc based themes here:
http://www.pocketpcthemes.com/results.asp
But the one I'm using isn't there... Still looking for somethign small that will take a screen shot!
Here is the one I'm using... though it looks better on a PDA :p

Last edited:
nice theme, beats the one from O2 anyday! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom