Perfomance vs Economy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tasn1

Car
W208 CLK55 AMG
Would you sacrifice economy for perfomance?

I would have to think long and hard about that and it would depend what the vehicle was used for.

To a degree. Having run some single-figure mpg cars I now want something that averages 20+.

Hell yes, performance over mpg any day...

But I can understand people who do worry about it as they have more important priorities in their life

Yes, and I intend to someday soon.

Think long and hard???

Lol... Do I need to remind you of your "mild" modifications thread?!

Lol :D

;)

:D

Probably didn't word it very well, what I meant was if I had a long commute or drove high business miles I would think long and hard before sacrificing economy.

A few years ago my answer to this would have been categorically no.

But now with a disabled wife, a 14 year old and two dogs I have absolutely no use for a performance car.

If I did have use for a performance car, it would be a stand alone toy and not a daily driver.

If I ever again get to the position where I can afford that you'll all be the first to know.

Yes, performance is less important than economy. To me. Neither is top of the list though. Reliability, practicality, style, value. All are more influential when I work out what to buy next.

If I did 30,000 miles a year I'd go for economy, if I did 5000 I'd get an AMG :D

I do - regularly.

However, like others, if I had to travel substantially more than the 8k I do now, I would be looking on it differently.

10 years ago or more, I just bought what I wanted which I could afford and didn't consider MPG, although petrol wasn't quite so bad then (wasn't great either).

:devil:So basically petrol is better than diesel. Case dismissed!

tasn1 said:
:devil:So basically petrol is better than diesel. Case dismissed!

Oh know you don't

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom