• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Plastic "plug" for Emblem?

Slartibartfast

SUPPORTER
Car
W221 S350L (sold), R231 SL350 (both sold) & SL400 (current)
(2015 SL400)

I am replacing the front emblem but I've noticed that the plastic "plugs" in the holes on my car are missing. I tried attaching with double sided tape but it's wobbly as there's no support on the bottom half (see pic - looks like a smiley face). Any advice on where I can get them and what they're actually called? Cheers

Different model but showing plastic "plugs" in the holes:

Screenshot_20240710_124758.jpg

IMG_20240710_131135.jpgIMG_20240705_102254.jpgIMG_20240705_102259.jpg

Should there be plugs in there? From memory when I removed my emblem there wasn't. Does your old emblem fit back snug in which case your new emblem is the wrong one if it's loose?

Should there be plugs in there? From memory when I removed my emblem there wasn't. Does your old emblem fit back snug in which case your new emblem is the wrong one if it's loose?
It fits but it seems loose as when pressure is put on the bottom part it rocks

On mine the "pegs" are two different diameter's, I assume yours is the same so keep that in mind when you buy the plugs.

no grommet type things on that model, same as my w213, the badge just fits in!

IMG_1525.jpeg

I've attached it and it seemed to click in but just a little loose, maybe that's normal?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is there something in the way of the badge stopping it sitting correctly? Have you compared the under side of both new and old badges? Did the old badge sit the same and rock too?

I didn't get the old badge back from the bodyshop (in for stone chip repairs) and don't know whether it was previously like that. The badge is OEM and you can see the place on the car it sits in - doesn't seem like anything stopping it from sitting correctly but on the body there's a big gap under the 2 holes so nothing to support the bottom half of the badge?

Or get some appropriate thickness sticky double sided foam and use that under the centre of the badge to also help secure it in place. What we don't want is 50,000 miles of wobbling, perforating the paint, and then a corroding bonnet needing repairs. Knowing your OCD Slarti, I'm sure you're thinking of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom