Potential new CLS AMG owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good on you old boy that looks very nice, perhaps it's a defect in my character but I still like the all black one in London and have phoned them to find out a bit more about it, I'm not about to put a deposit or anything but I'd like to see it in the flesh and intend to at least check it out.

Thanks. If you like it you go for it, don't think there was anything that had been done to it that you couldn't put back to normal if you ended up thinking it was too much and have to admit these cars really suit black even though it isn't normally a colour I'd go for, thug in a silk dressing gown as Clarkson said.

I spoke to Asif at Enigma cars yesterday and he kindly sent me some nice high res photo's of the car. I am going to go and have a look sometime during the beginning of February as I'm trying to get a job finished/invoiced before the end of the month. It has the performance pack brakes and the front splitter seems to be a good quality product. All the service history is with a main dealer. I understand the blacked out 'drug dealer' windows can have the fim removed and I hope the removal will not damage the heated rear window if I decide on the car and want the window film removed. I think it is either a car you like or hate, myself I had a black RX7 which I thought looked really nice so I'm a fan of black cars it's a case of seing the car to decide if it is too black. How can you tell if it has an LSD fitted sorry if this is another stupid question but I've seen it come up on questions about 63's and would like to be enlightened.

It has the performance pack brakes

How can you tell if it has an LSD fitted sorry if this is another stupid question but I've seen it come up on questions about 63's and would like to be enlightened.

like I said earlier, there was NO performance pack or performance pack brakes on the CLS55 or CLS63 in the original CLS shape. He's telling your porkies and is plain wrong.

LSD was available as an option but special order only (not a price list option like it is now). The only way to be sure is to get the VIN and get someone on here to decode it for you.

I tried the white CLS 63 which is for sale at a Mercedes outlet this week and it is a lovely car. My thoughts were it will look like a wedding car but went down to check it out in the flesh.
It is in the nicest condition I've seen a car in so far, but I'm afraid the white isn't to my taste, and have to say if it was silver I'd have probably done a deal there and then.
In true masochistic style I'm also looking at Maserati Quattroporte's as well, after all I have run a Lotus Esprit V8 for two years.

I tried the white CLS 63 which is for sale at a Mercedes outlet this week and it is a lovely car. My thoughts were it will look like a wedding car

In true masochistic style I'm also looking at Maserati Quattroporte's as well, after all I have run a Lotus Esprit V8 for two years.

is that the one with the beige interior (rare).

easy solution to white .. don't clean it, and it won't look like a wedding car.

M QP .. hmmm .. won't have the AMG thrust, or the build quality.

is that the one with the beige interior (rare).

There's a very good reason for that!

Why do they insist on making EVERYTHING beige? No car should have anything but a black steering wheel and if there was a bit of black in the door panels etc it might be OK though it's more suited to a 500 than an AMG.

Your AMG with the light seats (not beige :) ) works well because the rest is black, although personally I think it could do with the middle panel of the door cards finished in the same leather just to tie it all together.

Have a look at this Black CLS55, grey leather, airmatic, memory seats at C&A cars.
Asking £18K and it has 53K miles.

Their desciption is '4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, Petrol, 53,000 miles, Black. 1 Former Keeper, AMG Bodykit, Anthracite Nappa Leather, 19in AMG Alloys, Electrically Adjustable Memory Seats, Leather Stitched Dashboard, Self Levelling Rear Suspension, Big Screen Sat Nav/CD, Audio remote control x 4, Electrically Folding Mirrors, Foglights, Rear headrests, PAS, Front armrest, Rear armrest, Service indicator, Front head restraints, Traction control, Isofix child seat anchor points, Drivers airbag, Side airbags, Remote locking, Immobiliser. Finance Available, P/X Welcome, All Major Credit Cards Accepted'

They do put in a lot of rubbish in the descriptions don''t they? I think all modern cars have drivers airbag and front head restraints!

Their website is link for the care is:- Used Mercedes-Benz CLS For Sale in Bradford, West Yorkshire.

Whole description is a pile of pony, everything bar the big wheels and Comand are standard on the AMG and then they miss the Distronic completely which is a big money option and it looks like it's got Harman Kardon and Linguatronic too.

That grey isn't Antracite either.

V8 badges are in the wrong place so may have been damaged but looks nice otherwise.

Last edited:

Yes, I noticed that and the other points you mentioned. I've been looking at CLS for sale for some months now and even the MB dealers mess up the description as regards option fitment. Non franchise dealers are hopeless, it pays to see the car yourself and not give out any buying signals! I find the photos the best to inform the potential buyer, but even then even MB site pics can be very poor, out of focus, no detail etc.
Have you got the Black car from Robinsons yet?

Have you got the Black car from Robinsons yet?

Hopefully not long now (!), complete **** up between the DVLA and the previous owner transferring their plate off the car.

Are you after a 55 now, didn't think you'd had your diesel that long?

like I said earlier, there was NO performance pack or performance pack brakes on the CLS55 or CLS63 in the original CLS shape. He's telling your porkies and is plain wrong.

LSD was available as an option but special order only (not a price list option like it is now). The only way to be sure is to get the VIN and get someone on here to decode it for you.

This in the 2010 price list for £5,840, don't know if it was just that year though...

AMG Performance Package
Consisting of:
Internally ventilated composite brake discs measuring 390 x 36 mm
on the front axle
AMG rear-axle limited-slip differential lock (code 471)
19" AMG multi-piece alloy wheels – 5-twin-spoke design (code 793)
front: 255/35 tyresrear: 285/30 tyres
AMG Performance suspension (code 486)
AMG ergonomic sports steering wheel trimmed in Black leather with silver-coloured aluminium gear shift paddles and a 365 mm diameter (code 281)

This in the 2010 price list for £5,840, don't know if it was just that year though...

AMG Performance Package
Consisting of:
Internally ventilated composite brake discs measuring 390 x 36 mm
on the front axle
AMG rear-axle limited-slip differential lock (code 471)
19" AMG multi-piece alloy wheels – 5-twin-spoke design (code 793)
front: 255/35 tyresrear: 285/30 tyres
AMG Performance suspension (code 486)
AMG ergonomic sports steering wheel trimmed in Black leather with silver-coloured aluminium gear shift paddles and a 365 mm diameter (code 281)

must be the last year of production only .. alternatively, I am wrong :)

Actually I really liked the interior of the white one it's just the outside I didn't like. The whole interior had a nice airy feel to it.
As I mentioned before, I will only buy a car with the cooled dynamic seats.
Maserati have upped their game recently, years before I bought my Esprit I tried a 4200 coupe with the CC gear system it was spectacularly bad and I will always have that lurching gear change planted in my mind forever. The new ones are Automatic with paddles very much like the CLS 63.
I plan to drive one in Surrey Tuesday/Wednesday so will see how it compares to the 63

Whole description is a pile of pony, everything bar the big wheels and Comand are standard on the AMG and then they miss the Distronic completely which is a big money option and it looks like it's got Harman Kardon and Linguatronic too.

V8 badges are in the wrong place so may have been damaged but looks nice otherwise.

Distronic was £1280 - one of the more expensive and pointless options.

Surprising how few 55s had a sunroof spec'd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom