• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

PPF on the car have you declared it with insurance? INSURANCE VOIDED

Might be worth more than the car.😂
I certainly paid more for each set of audio equipment when new in the 90s than I paid for a lot of my cars , but the cars are now building value while the audio kit is still worth something like £5or6K per car , so just about what I paid for it , but very hard to source replacements for now , so pointless insuring it .

Hence I have four cassette head units , one CD head unit , three DSPs , countless power amplifiers , about 10 , 10 disc CD changers , and countless loudspeakers and subwoofers . Then there are my various car telephone kits and CB radios .

I certainly paid more for each set of audio equipment when new in the 90s than I paid for a lot of my cars , but the cars are now building value while the audio kit is still worth something like £5or6K per car , so just about what I paid for it , but very hard to source replacements for now , so pointless insuring it .

Hence I have four cassette head units , one CD head unit , three DSPs , countless power amplifiers , about 10 , 10 disc CD changers , and countless loudspeakers and subwoofers . Then there are my various car telephone kits and CB radios .
Not sure about that.

More than likely equipment you'll never use again.
I had the same issue, loads of in car hi-fi that was never going to be used again.
I junked the lot . Even e-bayer's don't want that stuff now.

Not sure about that.
I am . When such things ( rarely ) come on the market , they command very high prices - look up , if you can , Nakamichi or Sony XES components and you will see what I mean . Also Bowers & Wilkins or Kef Kar loudspeaker systems .

More than likely equipment you'll never use again.
I had the same issue, loads of in car hi-fi that was never going to be used again.
I junked the lot . Even e-bayer's don't want that stuff now.
I will certainly use them again ; I already have a set of kit looked out for my current car , to replace the cr@ppy little all in one unit currently in it . I still need to put in all the wiring ahead of installation , as well as replacing the rear door armrests for the ones with built in speaker pods so that it all looks 'factory' when fitted . I also have obtained an uncut tailgate trim panel to replace the one with holes cut by a previous owner to fit speakers there ...

High end car audio equipment , when it does rarely appear on eBay commands very high prices , and is still sought after , but demand , these days , far exceeds supply .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom