Price depreciation on trade-in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would like to thank everybody for there comments. For my part yes, using a dealership is an expensive way of buying a car. This is my 3rd Mercedes using this outlet and I have had in the main excellent service, I know I'm going to be on the wrong end of an hiding with this one but only if i do the deal and that's not going to happen. Nice to read different views, once again Thanks

I think you have a 7 day cooling off period.

No, I was speculating as to why you responded with what you did i.e. you use finance so you can cancel it in the cooling off period, but you answered me in another post (saying you would rather pump money into an appreciating asset).

On that note, I think it is down to individual circumstances - one rule doesn't suit all...

I prefer to be able to flog my car sooner which is more difficult when you are tied to it.

I seem to recall over a period of a year my first C320cdi, falling from £22k ish to £11ish, I forget teh exact figures. It hurt quite a lot at the time and in hindsight might not have been the best move ever.

The 7 series BMW that replaced it also lasted a year (see a pattern here?) that went from £21k to £19,500 over 30,000 miles which was very good I felt.

It was just coincidence with the used market crashing, and then hardening in turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom