Pyro fuse location C205 URGENT HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"The airbags have gone off" (deployed ?) and you are telling us that...

this must be very common / basic question..

Possibly not OP , airbags going off in a 2016 C class would often send it straight to the scrapyard . Which air bags have 'gone off' ? Confused.

Do you have any dash light coming on when you switch the ignition on? Is the car completely dead, or just doesn’t crank?

Possibly not OP , airbags going off in a 2016 C class would often send it straight to the scrapyard . Which air bags have 'gone off' ? Confused.
Exactly 😀 this type of thing happens everyday NOT its probably from copart wrire off ?
Jobsworth has asked the same question twice with no answer

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1 RST VERSION OF ENGINE COMPARTMENT PREFUSE UNIT AT 3.40MINS ON LOOKS LIKE YOURS? Rumour has it that the first versions of the W205 used legacy versions of the W204 front-end electrics- you'll notice there is no pyrofuse mentioned in the diagram

Last edited:

I saw a guy at mcdonalds drive through the other week. Bashed up VW Scirocco with no drivers airbag installed and the passenger one exploded and hanging out of the dash.

So yes these lunatics do exist among us

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1 RST VERSION OF ENGINE COMPARTMENT PREFUSE UNIT AT 3.40MINS ON LOOKS LIKE YOURS? Rumour has it that the first versions of the W205 used legacy versions of the W204 front-end electrics- you'll notice there is no pyrofuse mentioned in the diagram

The W205 is actually type approved as a 'W204 with modifications' so it wouldn't surprise me if there was no pyro fuse at all.

I had a couple in yesterday and I looked at both and couldn’t see a pyro fuse on the positive supply. I have a hunch that it may only be fitted to cars with a second physical battery, but I could be wrong on that. The two I looked at both had the disconnect device on the battery negative terminal.

I bumped into a fence believe it or not. Quite minor only to the front bumper (Don't ask how) 🤦‍♂️

The ignition is completely dead. Unless I put 12v through jump leads on the battery then there is power / dash lights up. Many lights illuminated on the dash as I presume the bump has been triggered a safety cut off due to the steering wheel airbags deployed.

Thank you for the help

I bumped into a fence believe it or not. Quite minor only to the front bumper (Don't ask how) 🤦‍♂️

The ignition is completely dead. Unless I put 12v through jump leads on the battery then there is power / dash lights up. Many lights illuminated on the dash as I presume the bump has been triggered a safety cut off due to the steering wheel airbags deployed.

Thank you for the help
Just to add more trouble to your woes the seat belt pretensioners will also have fired so you'll need new ones of those too 🥲

Thank you for the help
Are you confident the battery is fully charged? It sounds unusual that jump leads work. I’d look again very carefully at the circuit breaker on the negative terminal. If it has blown there’ll be no power at all. If your jump lead is bridging the two parts car will come to life. It’s the only explanation I can see.

Reactions: Ted
You'll need to run the procedure in the engine management system to re-enable it (after an airbag deployment) using Xentry Diagnosis.

You'll need to run the procedure in the engine management system to re-enable it (after an airbag deployment) using Xentry Diagnosis.
Is there any instructions how to do this? Or is it fairly basic / fool proof? I've just ordered Xentry.

Thank you

Hello, I am in a similar situation Have you managed to find a solution? Thanks in advance.

Is there any instructions how to do this? Or is it fairly basic / fool proof? I've just ordered Xentry.

Thank you
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Was there a pyro in the end or was it something else stopping it cranking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom