Quick question - Option 512 COMAND APS help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Technoholic

Car
CLS 350 SB, TVR Tuscan
Hi all

I need to verify something with you knowledgeable folk. I am almost certainly purchasing a CLS SB tomorrow, 2013 year, good spec and I'm pretty happy.

But I also want to order a CarPlay adapter and I need to know what stereo is fitted.

on the build sheets, it says option 512 COMAND APS WITH DVD CHANGER.

Which version of COMAND/NTG is this and will it have the 7" screen? I can't remember checking this when I viewed it and the pictures don't show it clearly. The CarPlay adapters are sold for either NTG4.5/4.7 or Audio 20 so I'm not sure what this would actually be.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

I believe COMAND APS is NTG3.5 or earlier, on A CLS most likely NTG3. COMAND ONLINE are the newer units introduced as NTG4

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

is there any way to tell from the build sheet which version it is? It seems that looking at the dates, ntg 3 was way before 2013, but I might be wrong. Being in the car, how can you tell which version you have?

is there any way to tell from the build sheet which version it is? It seems that looking at the dates, ntg 3 was way before 2013, but I might be wrong. Being in the car, how can you tell which version you have?
Based on the year model its probably comand online ntg4.7.

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

This is what you car might have.... in order of probability:

COMAND NTG2.5 will have an SD-Slot at the top centre just above the CD slot.

COMAND NTG4.5/4.7 (aka COMAND Online) will have the SD-Card slot at the lower left part of the COMAND unit, under the large 'back' arrow button.

CONAND NTG4 will have a large PCMCIA slot at the centre lower part of the unit, just under the large off/on (and volume) knob.

Audio20 units fitted to cars of this era did not have any SD-Card or PCMCIA slots at all.

So check what media slot you have and where it's located, and you'll find what unit you have. My bet is on COMAND NTG2.5 BTW.

Post a photo of it. One clever way is the colour scheme: beige with orange accents for day scheme means its 4 or older. Black with red means 4.5 or newer
Also map version in navi

To wrap this up, I got the car today and went straight into engineering mode. It’s ntg 4.7 with 6 dvd changer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom