R129 AMG Tire choices ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I dont think we need to get into a long drawn out debate over this, if you believe a tyre design is made and then all work stops so be it but shown below is a table comparing the 2 products from a wide range of tests by testers and the general public etc, I would still use the Michelin at that price, the Falken if it is newer and therefore better has some catching up to do, the fact the Michelin may be a 10 year old design shows how far in front it was when launched

I know fair well that compounds can be change during a tyres lifetime from initial exterior design .

That is why independent live testing is crucial such that of tyre reviews and the Super Sport takes time to switch on , the OP wants and now has a more touring tyre type , normally these work well straight away .

The information that you supply from tire wheel guide.com will have high performance mainly dry areas favouring the Michelin Super Sports but this will be after they have 'switched on' after a number of hot track laps which the OP will never get to that point in his dailly use .

The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S is the Super Sport successor .

And the new Michelin Pilot Sport 5 is now out performing 4 S , not it's successor but a UHP tyre before it's UUHP tyre bigger brother gets a revamp possibly the future 5 S .

I know fair well that compounds can be change during a tyres lifetime from initial exterior design .

That is why independent live testing is crucial such that of tyre reviews and the Super Sport takes time to switch on , the OP wants and now has a more touring tyre type , normally these work well straight away .

The information that you supply from tire wheel guide.com will have high performance mainly dry areas favouring the Michelin Super Sports but this will be after they have 'switched on' after a number of hot track laps which the OP will never get to that point in his dailly use .

The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S is the Super Sport successor .

And the new Michelin Pilot Sport 5 is now out performing 4 S , not it's successor but a UHP tyre before it's UUHP tyre bigger brother gets a revamp possibly the future 5 S .
The tests are based on feedback from a wide variety of users ..not just tyre testers the Michelin is a HP Tyre the Falken a UHP yet its beaten in virtually every instance by the Michelin, anyway its academic the OP has the Falkens as we speak am rocking a set of Michelin Cross climates

All daft as a🧹then .

Always best to choose / favour a tyre that performs from cold rather than requires heat to work unless extremely spirited driving or track .

10K @ 21mph average , driving isn't driving anymore .

Deleted... wrong thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom