R129 Soft Top Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
T

tanuie

Hi
I have just had my soft top replaced with a new black top instead of the green top that originally was on the car which my wife and I did not like.

Coming back from Poole I noticed it was much quieter, not so much wind noise which you come to expect from a convertible.

See pictures of before and after, comments appreciated.

Thanks to MD5 for recommending Kevin Baggs of Poole, he did an excellent job - and was completed in a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job ... I'm not a fan of 'coloured' hoods (blue/green/etc.) either - much prefer black!

Re. the reduced wind noise, that could just be down to tension/adjustment?

Kevin and his team are excellent. A pity you didn't let me know you were coming - I'd have given you a guided tour!

A really nice job, and I agree with others, black looks much better.

Can I ask how much? Mine doesn't need replacing just yet but I need to start putting the pennies to one side for when it does.

Soft top replacement cost

Can I ask how much? Mine doesn't need replacing just yet but I need to start putting the pennies to one side for when it does.
Hi

Cost of replacement was £996.00 - as stated worth every penny as did excellent job. If you need a new lining though they quoted me an extra £300.00 - best you start saving.

Thanks

Hi

Cost of replacement was £996.00 - as stated worth every penny as did excellent job. If you need a new lining though they quoted me an extra £300.00 - best you start saving.

Thanks

I think that's quite reasonable.

that looks great terry,good price too i was getting quotes of close to 1400.00 with my first sl which had a blue roof which i didnt like.it just has to be black.
i had one replaced on a bmw e30 cab and that was 950.00 two days later a flock of birds shat all over it,wasn't amused..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom