Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
no its to the left of the petrol gauge W210 and W208 and its not after market
its fitted by MB but no mention any where in the hand books !

I have to dissapoint you there. This was originally made to warn the driver diesel owner that the engine was about to die/ cut off as NO fuel. There is nothing behind this as its not in service.
Olivier

yeah and I explained many time, so where do you get light sensor from ?

Please show us where you explained why you think it is a radar warning light, neither I or anybody else saw that.

Not sure if this helps or confuses further?

Attachments

• W210 - instrument cluster phototransistor location.jpg
    W210 - instrument cluster phototransistor location.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 42
think there is more to all this than anyone knows and as no one really knows what it is then I will do more research and as for diesel run out of, engine off dont think so
think you need to read your manual

Its to the left of the fuel gauge not speedo ?????????????

Its to the left of the fuel gauge not speedo ?????????????

According to WIS the phototransistor that controls instrument illumination is located within the speedo as shown.

think there is more to all this than anyone knows and as no one really knows what it is then I will do more research and as for diesel run out of, engine off dont think so
think you need to read your manual

this will not be in the manual as this is not in use... If you open your cluster you'll see a hole. That's all...

see post #107
I just new about it reading different forums from the states.
apparently it was suppose to be an extra warning, or the last warning before engine cut off. defo open your cluster and you see nothing, just a hole, this is why its a little lighter as the light goes though.

Can you post a link here to the thread Olivier ? would be an insight

thanks

cklclive

sorry, no link. this was a long while ago, I would have to search through too many posts/ sites etc... :(
if I bump into it doing a quick search I send it out to you.
Olivier

Can't believe this thread has gone to 8 pages!

CKLclive, I will repeat DM's question - please just tell us how you know it is a RADAR (or Laser??) detector. What have you tested it with?

Have you found the receiver (which will obviously be mounted at the front of the vehicle - usually behind the radiator grille)? That should be pretty obvious.

Can't believe this thread has gone to 8 pages!

CKLclive, I will repeat DM's question - please just tell us how you know it is a RADAR (or Laser??) detector. What have you tested it with?

Have you found the receiver (which will obviously be mounted at the front of the vehicle - usually behind the radiator grille)? That should be pretty obvious.

No obviouse retro fitting of any kind this is factory :confused:

No obviouse retro fitting of any kind this is factory :confused:

Retro or factory there would still be a receiver/control module.

MB have never offered such an option (not even on the Special Protection vehicles, why would they?)

You can easily answer your own question simply by removing the cluster and checking.

Or you could continue trolling.....

(but you are getting plenty of publicity, not sure this is reflecting well on your business though)

Last edited:
Ok am done end of thread so long guys and thanks

Best regards

cklclive

Thats what I said MB even in wis have never mentioned this but hey ho you just beleive what you want to, look for once at the bigger picture, and I am not having a go at you far from it but just am just wondering what MB have and up to the last 10yrs that we dont know about ?

Clive.

Please take the instrument binnacle out of the dash ( it's easy ) and look what is actually behind the 'hole' in question.

Take photos.

Please post them up.

Thanks .

Or even easier show us a picture of the receiver unit, which will be in an 'open' area somewhere at the front of the car (as mentioned, usually in the radiator grille).

Or tell us how you know the car has a detector - i.e. what you have used to set it off. You have consistently failed to answer this simple question, which doesn't really help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom