Rain Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
No longer a Benz...
I had my screen replaced a while ago and they obviously removed and replaced my rainsensor, however it seems that the rain sensor does not work anymore.

I can flick the wipers to position 1 and they just go into intermittent phase with about 8-10 secs between wipes.

It can bucket down and they still stay at this timing.....
Is there anything that needs to be reset??

Total change of subject......

I did a total 180 at the weekend due to hitting a large patch of dropped diesel, Luckily hit nothing!!! I wasn't even speeding... I did call the plod to get them to spread some sand all over it to stop others doing a Torvill and Dean.

My 3 year old in the back couldn't stop laughing as he thought I'd done it on purpose, however it was the closest I've got to filling my boxer's!!

God only knows what would have happened if I'd hit anything or even gone down the embankment "Shude" style...

I am glad you were all alright. May be you should get a part in the scenic ad to the tunes of Swan Lake.
I know when we had the snow how scary skids can be and luckily you didn t hit anything else. It doesn t help with us not having rain for so long the roads seem very greasey.
Cheers
Ian

Last edited:
Glad you never hit anything. Done the spin off thing in my previous BMW and know how it feels!

Obvious I know, but have you double checked the wiper sensor connection (at the sensor)? I remember Steve (MBenz) saying you can make rain sensing wipers revert to normal intermitent, just by disconnection the sensor.

In the opposite way could that be a way of retrofitting rain sensing wipers?:bannana:

Originally posted by Wheelie
My 3 year old in the back couldn't stop laughing as he thought I'd done it on purpose

Good to hear you and yours (and your car) came out of that unscathed. :crazy:

What's the bettings that whenever you are driving with your 3 year old now that there will be this comment coming from the back...

"Can you spin the car again dad, please, please please" :rolleyes: hehe

Don't know diddly about rain sensors, tho' I'd go with the theory that maybe it isn't connected/wired up.

S.

Cheers guys, I have checked the wire on the screen fitment and alls fine, however could the Auto Windscreens muppet have pulled the wire from the interior light assembly?? I presume that is where it plugs in...

If so how do I drop the assembly out of the headlining???

As regards to my little lad, he did manage to give a second by second event review to my wife... She couldn't understand how it wasn't my fault....

Thanks and Regards to all...

interior light cluster removal.

From the edge facing the back of the car , there are two springclips which you push in with a screwdriver , the cluster should just pop down then. YOu might need to do one side at a time as they are quite tight.

:)

The plug should be shaped , and i would imagine only goes into the one hole. :D

Originally posted by fuzzer
interior light cluster removal.

From the edge facing the back of the car , there are two springclips which you push in with a screwdriver , the cluster should just pop down then. YOu might need to do one side at a time as they are quite tight.

:)

The plug should be shaped , and i would imagine only goes into the one hole. :D
You should try removing the plastic lenses off the dome light too, that will expose a couple of fingertip sized holes that you can use to help pull the light down.

illum13.jpg

illum14.jpg

illum15.jpg

Originally posted by Shude
You should try removing the plastic lenses off the dome light too, that will expose a couple of fingertip sized holes that you can use to help pull the light down.

ohh yeah , forgot about that :rolleyes:

Stripped the interior light tonight (thanks Fuzzer and Shude) and found that the muppet from Autowindscreens had pulled the wire completely from the terminal on the light housing.

It all works fine now.....

Originally posted by Wheelie
Stripped the interior light tonight (thanks Fuzzer and Shude) and found that the muppet from Autowindscreens had pulled the wire completely from the terminal on the light housing.

It all works fine now.....

HURAH!!!! Narners for Fuzzer and Shude :D :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Big fat Raspberry to the windscreen monkey... makes a total mockery of their TV advert :rolleyes:

Good to hear your car is back to normal Greg.

S.

Originally posted by GDC200
I could see how you could fit a sensor and a new windscreen but then youd have to deal with the switches in the dashboard. Not one for me I'm afraid.:(

But like Wheelie said, the sensor connects into a socket in the centre light watsit, so maybe the rest is pre-wired??

A cool mod for those so inclined.

With the w203 , its already got the box on the windscreen whether you have the rain sensor or not. It needs it for the Light sensor for the headlights and interior lighting which only comes on at night.

I dunno how easy it would be , im begining to miss the rain sensor , ti was quite handy as the intermittant is too long sometimes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom