• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Rare and collectible, Breitling Navitimer led from 1978, 70's strap and buckle

Silver CL55

Car
(W216) 2008 CL 500, Tanzanite blue with tan leather. (W230) 2005 SL350, Black with sand leather
Rarer than a Rolex milsub, (well have you seen another in the flesh?) Fully working Breitling 9106 Navitimer LED chronograph digital watch from 1978 in just about new old stock condition.
(LED is Light Emitting Diode)
Watch has a period correct Swiss Tropic 22mm “pilot” strap with vintage Breitling “planes” buckle, the same logo as on the dial.
Case is unscratched, all edges are sharp, no dings, scratches or paint loss on the bezel
Crystal is unmarked, decal under the crystal is unmarked, unfaded.
The slide rule bezel is fully working and the gear from the outer ring to inner ring works smoothly.
Back is marked 9106, Navitimer, Quartz 15F, DDE.BR.11525/67
The watch is very large- it measures about 47mm across the bezel.
Figures are crisp and clear, no missing segments all function work correctly.
Batteries last approximately 18 months
I’ll supply it in a Breitling service box, if you’re quick and pay the full asking, I’ll chuck in a modern Breitling double box too!

Below is some information on the model;
Obsolete before it was introduced, this model had a very short shelf life and was replaced by the 9403/6 LCD models almost as soon as it was produced.
Indeed the 9106 case has a blanked off position for the LCD module (ESA 942.71)
The watch shows hours & minutes on first push of the upper right button (12 hour display with AM/PM colon indication), hold for running seconds.
Second push shows month & date, hold for alphanumeric two digit day of week.
The chronograph function is actuated by the button at the 9 o'clock position.
Pressing the top right button starts the chronograph, the display turns off automatically after about 3 seconds but pressing the top left button shows current count.
Pressing the centre button stops the chronograph and displays the result (H:M, S:1/100S), pressing this button again clears the chrono.
Return to timekeeping display by pressing top right button.
Setting is by recessed button at the 3 o'clock position (simple sequential set system).
I have no printed instructions for the watch.
I’d like £1800 for the watch; price includes fully insured shipping to just about anywhere.
I have plenty of references, you should too.

Contact me here; [email protected]

Reduced to £1650

£1650

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom