Really Really Stupid People

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m not having that. What about wooing your future wife? Better than any academic achievement by a million miles. ;)
Even that Ant, it took me a verrrrrry long time time woo her, infant I’m still working on that. One day though, she shall be wooed.

Self dimming mirrors.....and if you are stopped so close that the brake lights / indicators on the car ahead bother you then your brights are not going to bother the person ahead and you will be disobeying the rules quoted earlier.

I won't have pulled up so close and with my lights the height they are.....
I'd only be fighting fire with fire - not unreasonable.

I'm dredging my memory banks, but I'm pretty sure my Triumph Spitfire Mk IV also had this feature - perhaps it was standard across the Triumph range at the time?
My Herald was just lucky if the lights worked at all ! Provided by Lucasifer : the prince of darkness :D

...............but immature. ;) Are you one of those road rage types?

Nope.
But I don't take shit from the lazy and inconsiderate.

My local force are doing this......Operation Snap | West Mercia Police

This ensures offenders are punished but little is done to educate in the first place.

I know it boils down to the driving public doing the polices job for them, but they have no resources.
That’s West Mercia Police for you, the same crew who took to social media asking the public to anonymously report COVID 19 ‘offenders’ on their special web page.

I got a speeding ticket while working in Denmark, lucky for me I was popping back and forth there every two weeks for some time so I was able to deal with it locally.

Initially I couldn't figure out where the camera was, my trip to work was a pretty low speed bumble through town and a few built up housing estates. On closer inspection there appears to be an address for the camera printed on the summons.

I entered it into the sat nav and ended up an someones house on the route of my daily commute, no sign of a camera and the road too narrow for a camera car/van to have been parked there ??

The local guys I was working with told me it was highly likely that the homeowner had requested a speed camera be used on his road and plod would have temporarily set it up in his garden ! I thought , OK , fair play . I got caught , big deal.

It did make me think tough..everyone who got caught by that camera had matey's home address.......Not sure if that would be a safe workable plan here in the UK. 🤔

It wouldn't; and quite right too...

Reactions: 219
Talking of stupid people there were a few drivers out at the weekend who were letting the Mercedes side down! :(

One chap coming off the M4 at Bath, doing a nice bit of overtaking on the left and seemed to be in a great hurry. It's ok though he had a C220 with eBay special AMG stuck on next to it.

Then on the way home, two guys probably in their 20s in convoy both in C220s (one also with AMG badge) sat in the middle lane of the M4 for literally mile after mile. Sometimes doing 75mph, sometimes doing 60 with people passing them both sides. All the way through the M4 roadworks near Reading, middle lane the whole way. One of the drivers had even gone to the trouble of putting his seat as far back as possible for that added gangster look.

As for middle lane hogging, I actually saw a sign for the first time that I can recall telling people to keep left unless overtaking. Was one of those dot matrix type signs but nice to see one used to state the obvious, which some people clearly need!

Talking of stupid people there were a few drivers out at the weekend who were letting the Mercedes side down! :(

One chap coming off the M4 at Bath, doing a nice bit of overtaking on the left and seemed to be in a great hurry. It's ok though he had a C220 with eBay special AMG stuck on next to it.

Then on the way home, two guys probably in their 20s in convoy both in C220s (one also with AMG badge) sat in the middle lane of the M4 for literally mile after mile. Sometimes doing 75mph, sometimes doing 60 with people passing them both sides. All the way through the M4 roadworks near Reading, middle lane the whole way. One of the drivers had even gone to the trouble of putting his seat as far back as possible for that added gangster look.

As for middle lane hogging, I actually saw a sign for the first time that I can recall telling people to keep left unless overtaking. Was one of those dot matrix type signs but nice to see one used to state the obvious, which some people clearly need!

The kind of people you describe have to think about breathing though so I'd be surprised if they took any notice of any signs.

In the same way I've seen people overtake people hogging lane 2 with no one in lane 1, from lane 3 and they move slowly from lane 3 to lane 1 with a left indicator flashing... only for nothing to change.

NIP through the post is required.

The kind of people you describe have to think about breathing though so I'd be surprised if they took any notice of any signs.

In the same way I've seen people overtake people hogging lane 2 with no one in lane 1, from lane 3 and they move slowly from lane 3 to lane 1 with a left indicator flashing... only for nothing to change.

NIP through the post is required.

Haha so true, I couldn't quite make out the marks on the knuckles from them dragging on the floor.

One thing I have noticed is that despite the roads being quieter especially the M25, there are still people driving in lanes 2-3 when the rest of the road is empty. The other week, I see a Police car closing in on a woman in lane 3 despite the road being clear. Hoping they may persuade her to move left, they just went round and carried on. Hopeless.

Not wishing to condone lane hogging, but it's often noticable that lane 1 is either very bumpy or causes tramlining due to the HGV's that tend to occupy that lane - and their wheelbase/width is more than that of a car so you find you car wandering left and right as a result. Noticed that many times on the M20 so, unless the road is busy, I will tend to avoid lane 1 unless there's reason to use it.

Not wishing to condone lane hogging, but it's often noticable that lane 1 is either very bumpy or causes tramlining due to the HGV's that tend to occupy that lane - and their wheelbase/width is more than that of a car so you find you car wandering left and right as a result. Noticed that many times on the M20 so, unless the road is busy, I will tend to avoid lane 1 unless there's reason to use it.

I've done that myself before if it is too bad and I had big wheels / thin tyres.

That's not the same though - one look across and you can identify the habitual lane-hogger as they will be focused on their breathing.

I don't have big wheels/thin tyres (17" 225 front on both cars) but the tramlining in lane 1 can be awful, and the earache from the passenger seat if I use lane 1 is worse, hence if possible/reasonable I stay away from it!

That's not the same though - one look across and you can identify the habitual lane-hogger as they will be focused on their breathing.

Yes you can often tell the people who just mindlessly stay in the middle lane with little clue what's going on around them. I know the kind of issue you can have with lane one but on the M4 section I drive on it's minimal and on the M25 it's fine.

The lane hoggers seem to stand out even more when the roads are quieter. I mean the M25 is usually always busy but the few drives I've had on it have been quiet by comparison. Quiet enough that lane one is free for 90% of the drive, yet you'll sail past people are in lane two and even lane three. I could almost understand it when the roads were busier as you would change lanes more but many it seems just pick a lane and stick to it for the duration of a drive. Not thinking about what they're doing, they just mindlessly drive and I strongly suspect many of those types aren't considering the conditions of lane one!

I don't have big wheels/thin tyres (17" 225 front on both cars) but the tramlining in lane 1 can be awful, and the earache from the passenger seat if I use lane 1 is worse, hence if possible/reasonable I stay away from it!

I do remember it affecting my cars which had 17" wheels quite a lot.

Then again, the roads I drive on have changed.

I remember a snatch of TV interview I saw a few years ago where Eamonn Holmes said he always drove in the middle lane. The interviewer asked why; his answer was: "It's easier". I think there are a lot of other f**kwits like him around; they don't think while driving, they just drive...

Sometimes it makes no sense or no difference to lane hop.
If there’s a line of traffic in the inside lane that’s well spaced out you could hop between but it’s pointless.
Same for the outside lane in busy traffic you could pull into the middle lane but you’d have a devilish job pulling back out to overtake slow traffic in that lane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom