• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Rear subframe corrosion - UK

I discovered mine had serious corrosion on rear subframe discovered on hearing a small knock plus light judder , taken to my independent service centre road test under heavy braking car rear slewed to one side , up on ramp everything looked ok for 2023 model surprising clean with original paint on frame coil springs etc but up in a tight corner weld fractured and frame hole with corrosion .

Contacted MB they will replace and cover labour all without fuss .
Did I read that right, a 2023 model with a hole due to corrosion?

2013 perhaps?

Wrong place for this I know but I'm a bit of a luddite. Looking to get a GLC300 for my wife.

Any thoughts in terms of 'yeah, good call' 'you must be f'ing mental' etc...? Don't want to find out post-purchase that there's loads of issues with them etc. Looking at good old fashioned petrol at the moment. Appreciate any feedback. ta

Hi all - looking for advice please as there must be people out there with similar issues.

My 2011 CLS350 was in to a main dealer for a safety recall 6 weeks ago (steering), which is all done and fine. Whilst it was in they gave it the usual visual inspection and found that the rear subframe is corroded. Something that'll cost me £3k+ and a shed-ton of time to fix (v long lead time apparently).

A bit of investigation seems to show that this is a known issue. In fact there's a class action been kicked off in the U.S. about it. I can't remember what the corrosion warranty is on my car but suspect it's now just outside, as its getting on for 12 years old.

I asked the dealer to contact MB to see if they will cover the cost on the basis that it's a potential safety issue. Also I'm guessing passing my MOT in November is going to be an issue now. Can't now seem to get any of my calls returned from the dealer...

Anyone had a similar issue? Anyone had MB pay for the repair? Or at least contribute?

Really frustrating cos other than this the car has been a dream to live with. Had it from new and now close to 100k miles and plenty more to go if I didn't have this issue.

Any advice or anecdotes I could use would be gratefully received.
cheers!
I had same issue on 2013 E Class it was repaired by MB FOC , they will quote a long lead time , if thats the case get onto MB HQ Milton Keynes I did and it worked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom