Refurb C43 AMG steering wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

McGreggor

Car
CLS55 AMG
Just got a picture sent through of my newly refurbed steering wheel from D-Class in Surrey...

Anyone else see what's wrong with this picture?

Attachments

• c43-Wheel.jpg
    c43-Wheel.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 131
Perforated leather on the wrong part of the wheel?

The black leather is,nt perforated?
Have they re-assembled it wrong, as in the centre spline for the column does,nt look like its in the middle of the wheel.

grey bit is uneven from left to right, its under the thumb on the left, and above on the right. thats pretty rubbish

looks fine to me except for the stitching i think

Yeh, white part is looking to be almost 10mm higher on the right.... I was expecting more from these guys. They are recommended elsewhere on the forums here...

They did a fantastic job on my seats in the S203

Ask them to rectify it? You're not going to achieve anything positive nor resolve the issue with that picture and complaining on here :eek:

Not having a dig - just being realistic. Explain to them that you're not happy, show them and let them deal with it - I'm sure they'll sort it out?

Everyone makes mistakes - it's how they're dealt with that matters :)

Ask them to rectify it? You're not going to achieve anything positive nor resolve the issue with that picture and complaining on here :eek:

Not having a dig - just being realistic. Explain to them that you're not happy, show them and let them deal with it - I'm sure they'll sort it out?

Everyone makes mistakes - it's how they're dealt with that matters :)

Oh I intend to, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being too picky and the consensus has the same opinion as me. Wasn't complaining as such, but I'll let everyone know how it pans out. So far I'm not too impressed with their customer service. I've had to ring 2 days running to get a photo sent through, when it was supposed to be finished over a week ago. The guy actually said to me today "there's no rush with this one from our end." Which is kinda funny, as I explained, I want my wheel back a.s.a.p!

I'll see what the boss man says tomorrow...

looks white stitching to me, just very dirty!

Oh I intend to, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being too picky and the consensus has the same opinion as me. Wasn't complaining as such, but I'll let everyone know how it pans out. So far I'm not too impressed with their customer service. I've had to ring 2 days running to get a photo sent through, when it was supposed to be finished over a week ago. The guy actually said to me today "there's no rush with this one from our end." Which is kinda funny, as I explained, I want my wheel back a.s.a.p!

I'll see what the boss man says tomorrow...

Fair enough :)

FWIW, it would bug me as well - you'll see it every time you sit in the car! :wallbash: :eek:

Unusual as D-class have a really high rep - I'm sure it will be sorted painlessly thumb:

you can get a re-colour kit to redo the white part @ £15

you can get a re-colour kit to redo the white part @ £15

Those colour kits are meant to be quite good but they make a mess of perforated leather, as it fills up the holes, and in the case of this specific steering wheel it would also colour the stitching from the black to white.
I have exactly the same steering wheel on my 55 and have been thinking of what can be done to sort it, but I keep coming back to a full refurb, but finding somewhere to do it and that can get it back to you promptly so the car is,nt sat useless on the drive is proving problematic.

I know you may not be happy mate BUT D Class are one of the very few places that actually retrim steering wheels, most retrimmers wont even consider it !

Speak to David and he will sort it out. Guaranteed. Highly recommended.

As will said talk to them first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom