Remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brightspark0612

Is Viezu technology the best remap for Mercedes I've found a company near me that uses it but as I don't know too much I'm looking for some advice.

Cheers

Thanks for the help but just had a look and that is too far for me to travel as I'm coming from London. Is there anything else to be worried about component wise I.e gearbox etc i have clk 220?

Cheers Joe

I had my c220cdi 2012 done recently and to be honest i have not noticed any big difference. In fact the my mpg figure dropped from averaging 42.2mpg to 35.3mpg some of that may be attributed to a tyre change, i went from conti eco's to goodyear F1's.

Unless my car springs into remapped life tomorrow morning i dont recommend it.

simba23 said:
I had my c220cdi 2012 done recently and to be honest i have not noticed any big difference. In fact the my mpg figure dropped from averaging 42.2mpg to 35.3mpg some of that may be attributed to a tyre change, i went from conti eco's to goodyear F1's.

Where you looking for better fuel consumption or power/driveability?

must have a problem there..drove the sister inlaws before and after remap with the viezu map / pretty good.

who did your map? either they are ****e or your car is broken.

I am looking for a bit of both to be honest everyone says the car needs to be remapped to give its full potential but I don't want to spend more money changing other components

I had my c220cdi 2012 done recently and to be honest i have not noticed any big difference. In fact the my mpg figure dropped from averaging 42.2mpg to 35.3mpg

Interesting post.

I was under the impression that a remap always made huge economy gains.

It should. The two are not exclusive. Remaps make the car more efficient by stretching the safety parameters of the fuelling mix, so it will become more efficient and more powerful. This is where my knowledge stops though and I need to find out more as I am looking to get my B200Turbo remapped but have no idea who to use. (West/North Yorkshire area)

Remap????

Hi All,

Just reading the remap stuff. I bought a C270 CDI Estate and from driving a Nissan Terrano with the same size motor (2.7-litre) I found the Mercedes to be very quick with so much more power. As a preveous owner changed the wheels to 17 inch 225-45 I suspect he was trying to upgrade the car so maybe had a remap as well?
Is there any way of telling if it has had a remap and if so what do I look for.

Cheers, Al.

...and here we enter into the great insurance dilemma. How many people are driving around in cars that completely unknown to them have been modified. In other words, paying for insurance they dont have.

Good point, I never considered the insurance aspect? That is one more reason to know if there is any way to tell that it has been modified other than having a Dyno test to copare with original spec. I've just had all the fuel lines replaced for new in the engine bay as I was getting difficulty starting on cold morning, due I'm told by air entering the system on the return side and causing an air lock. Seems OK now but I won't know for sure until I have used over half a tank of fuel as it was only a problem when the tank was below half full, in other words the level of fuel was lower than the fuel pump? Jacking the rear of the car up so the tank was higher than the fuel pump allowed it to start so I've been kepping the tank full.
Al.

How would insurers know ?

I wouldnt like to second guess but I think that they can. Many are becoming aware of remaps not being declared and are using computers that read the ecu. If it differs to the OEM map then no claim.

I wouldnt like to second guess but I think that they can. Many are becoming aware of remaps not being declared and are using computers that read the ecu. If it differs to the OEM map then no claim.

They have to proove that you had knowledge of it and didn't declare it though.

They have to proove that you had knowledge of it and didn't declare it though.

Can you substantiate that please?

As above. You will never get an insurance company admitting that.

Got any cases where insurance has been denied because of an undisclosed remap? I could be wrong but it was on a BMW forum I USED to frequent lol.

Got any cases where insurance has been denied because of an undisclosed remap? I could be wrong but it was on a BMW forum I USED to frequent lol.

I don't know anything about other people's insurance cases, hence my question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom