• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Remote Deployment of Sun Visor

whitenemesis

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
Lexus RX450h F-Sport with Takumi Pack 2020
Burbling along this afternoon in the glorious sunshine, it struck me that with all the buttons that and auto this, one still has to reach up and pull down the sun visor!
Why never any button operated visor? Did any car ever have an auto sun visor?

Couldn't be that difficult to map a steering wheel button to operate a motorised sun visor...

humm, i think it would nicer to have them auto.

..just like rain sense wipers or auto lights, when the sun hits direct on the windshield flip em out!

I'd be pleased with a button on the steering wheel, just hold down to swing down the visor, let go when you want it to stop.

Perhaps a double press to flip it up in one go..

Tree lined roads would be a hoot, the visor flapping up and down, it could suppliment the A/C.

Buses have had electric front sunblinds for some time now. Not sure why they haven't made the leap into mainstream cars yet.

I guess that's because on the bus the driver can't reach the blind?

It just struck me today, why has no one come up with this?

I guess that's because on the bus the driver can't reach the blind?

They used to have concertina-type blinds with a scissor-action metal frame that the driver would just operate manually. Someone obviously decided that it would make sense to use an electric motor instead.

Could be the next big innovation on the S class? ;)

I'd bet on evolution of the LCD technology that's now available on the SLK "magic sky" pano roof will lead to a manual and/or auto switched strip across the top of the windscreen.

As an extra cost option, it could be programmable via Comand to display large text to the world, e.g. the names of the occupants, or scrolling messages for the attention of the driver in front.

Not the same thing but I think in the distant past I had a car (Morris or Triumph)that had a front screen that reacted with the sun, ie it went darker.

Would "Wayne" and "Tracy" be in the lexicon?

Seriously though, that LCD technology could very well be next on the 'screen. Perhaps also on the rear side windows?

Not the same thing but I think in the distant past I had a car (Morris or Triumph)that had a front screen that reacted with the sun, ie it went darker.

Did they have reactolite tech in those days?

Perhaps you would also like the electronic pick your nose option as well to save you the trouble of that. With all this automation soon it will be too much effort to actually drive the flaming car! :D

Sundym was just a tinted glass, it didn't react to solar radiation.

Perhaps you would also like the electronic pick your nose option as well to save you the trouble of that. With all this automation soon it will be too much effort to actually drive the flaming car! :D

That's disgusting! Something I really find repulsive and unfortunately see all too often. Drivers sat at lights having a absent minded pick!

It's driving the car that prompted the thought about sun visors. Keeping one's hands on the wheel when swinging round that bend and suddenly getting blinded by the light (Oh, a song comes to mind.. ;) ), a quick press of the button on the 'wheel and relief! :)

Relief whilst driving, tried that once leaving the China fleet club, caused havoc with my driving.........Orange Blossom I think her name was.:o

Relief whilst driving, tried that once leaving the China fleet club, caused havoc with my driving.........Orange Blossom I think her name was.:o

And in that vein, for the passion wagon, you'd just need to pull a knob to have all the windows blank out while the seats recline...class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom