removing driver's door speaker grille-W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mickl

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK280 W209
mine is a little bit loose and I'd like to re-fit it so that it doesn't. Does anyone know how to remove the thing?

I hope no one says "you have to remove the door card!" :(

If its as on my 96 W202, remove a small cross headed screw from underneath and it should pull off with a little care

Ian

there's a little slot underneath, is that where the screw is?

Mickl,

as Grasmere says there is a screw on the bottom. I found mine by lying on a wet / dirty drive with the door open (what joy!). It should be there, although you have a C36 so maybe there is a difference.

Jukka

PS - how are the new 18"'s? Are they AMG + any pics? Shame to have missed out on your 17" ones - still never mind.

Jukka, pics are in the gallery lol

Jukka said:
I found mine by lying on a wet / dirty drive with the door open (what joy!).
ditto, but I was on some old floormats so I stayed clean and dry :)
Jukka said:
It should be there, although you have a C36 so maybe there is a difference.
pre-facelift door panels are quite different to facelift, they don't look as nice but they're leather on the C36 unlike the plastic effort on the facelift models. The speaker grill is probably different too.

naa, all the same x-screw underneath, then it clips out!

Alps said:
naa, all the same x-screw underneath, then it clips out!
some idiot swapped the screws around on my door when I first came to take it apart, the one for the cap around the latch and the one for the speaker cover were swapped and cross-threaded, took me ages to work out what was wrong. It makes me mad when I see stuff like that, the door handle hook was the wrong way around as well, how did that happen? :mad:

thanks for th help guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom