Replacing DRL W212 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

such01

SUPPORTER
Car
E350 CDI W212
My drivers side DRL is cracked, due to a stone.

How easy is it to swap, can't seem to find any info

Thanks

729dee5fe00aa46f1bdc9d2404b0447f-480x366.gif

DRL is held in with bolts underneath the cover, which I believe is held on with 3/4 small torx screws

I did a similar search when trying to figure out how to change the DRL bulbs. My C207 has the two circular lamps (3rd from top) one being a fog light (halogen) the other a PSX26W, long life halogene. In my case, the access could be acheived by removing the wheel house plastics (how utterly stupid!). I have since then been trying to find an aftermarket LED-version for the DRL. (I don't care about the fog lights) There are some out there (eBay) but it seems that several buyers has complained about very poor LED life. (Apart from the need for CAN-bus load resistors).

If someone has fitted LED's that works, I would be glad to know where to get them.

right, finally got around to having a look today. My plan was to remove osf wheel and then liners and go from there. I did read somewhere that you can access from under the bumper, so I thought it would save me having to remove the wheel.
However, once i used the MB jack, (which was very good btw), i could not find anywhere to put my axle stand?

After a good look underneath, I found the jacking/stand point at the front of the car - a rubber block which i had seen in various photo's, so placed my axle stand there.

I could not remove the lower mudguard under the DRL completely, as this seemed to be attached to part of the arch liner, and i did not have enough room to work with.

I had a choice to either: - Lower the car and remove wheel and liners or remove the undertrays and go from there.

I chose to remove the undertray - the main one and the smaller one behind it, which was easier than I thought, although I did manage to get my face covered in the crap that had collected on it whilst I removed it!

I had good access to the DRL and managed to unclip the old unit out and clip the new one in, tested working before I refitted the undertrays.

I had a good look underneath and no signs of any leaks/fluid as far as my untrained hypermetropic eyes could see!

So I am feeling pretty pleased that I managed to get the undertrays back on and completed the job in around 2hrs, but I have learned a few things now about removing the and refitting the undertrays!

Next time will be quicker!

I did intend to take more pics, but it was bit awkward when on your back!

Attachments

• under2.jpg
    under2.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 32
  • under3.jpg
    under3.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 32

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom