Resonator delete

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You can always fit a J-pipe (s) to eradicate the drone. That's what I ended up doing.
That's a good solution - how did you / the installer size it to ensure it cancels the required noise frequency?

That's a good solution - how did you / the installer size it to ensure it cancels the required noise frequency?
I just noted the point in the rev range where the worst of the drone was then referred to the chart below. You can get even more scientific by getting a frequency spectrum analyser app for your phone & seeing what frequency gives the highest peak but I just went by ear. I went for a length of 29 inches & it pretty much eradicated all drone except for a very slight amount still present at about 1100 rpm, but it's very liveable now.

Attachments

• Helmholtz Calc V8 V6.JPG
    Helmholtz Calc V8 V6.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 10
I just noted the point in the rev range where the worst of the drone was then referred to the chart below. You can get even more scientific by getting a frequency spectrum analyser app for your phone & seeing what frequency gives the highest peak but I just went by ear. I went for a length of 29 inches & it pretty much eradicated all drone except for a very slight amount still present at about 1100 rpm, but it's very liveable now.
Superb, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom