Retrofitting CD multichanger to W211

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Satch, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Satch

Satch Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
    When I ordered the beast failed to notice that the changer was not on the spec. No matter, I would get one retrofitted.

Well, after a great deal of pratting around, dealer has finally come back & said yes, they can now source the OEM Becker changer which slides so nicely in & out of the motorised panel for about £375.

But to fit it involves 4 or 5 hours labour as they think they will have to remove large chunks of the dash & facia. Can that be right? Would have thought that once you got the radio out it would have been easy enough.

2. RichardM

RichardM Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2011 CLS350 CDI
    Try giving Braybrooks a call, I'm sure they would have done this before. They do all of the audio work for my local dealer.

3. OP
    OP
    Satch

Satch Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
    Ha! Called them and £650 all up & done in an hour or so. They reckon the dealers look it up on their system, see that the looms run under the top of the dash and so assume they need to get to take everything to bits.

Thaks for that. :D