s211 e55k How many on the forum??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Also you guys had issues with the roof rail rubbers starting to crack and split? Presume it's a roof lining out job to get at the bolts that hold them down to get to the rubbers?

Don’t really remember it being an issue, but then I sold my last one almost two years ago now.

Wonder if yours spent time somewhere hot/sunny? :cool:

Dayum, always had a soft spot for the factory splits, but didn't realise how good it really would be. Dare I say it, after almost 2 years, the "to do list" is empty.....

5selFpv.jpg

VdZdGMN.jpg

Dayum, always had a soft spot for the factory splits, but didn't realise how good it really would be. Dare I say it, after almost 2 years, the "to do list" is empty.....

5selFpv.jpg

VdZdGMN.jpg
Nice would love a set for two STD sets now so may think about offloading one set and get some splits as well but real PIA to keep clean though lol

Nice would love a set for two STD sets now so may think about offloading one set and get some splits as well but real PIA to keep clean though lol
I'd argue easier to keep clean because of the increased diameter giving you better access! With the 18's its pretty much impossible to clean the brake calipers or the rim inners with them still on the car.

I've been trying to discover how many Estates made it to the UK for a while now. Despite being out of production for 15 years Mercedes still deem this info commercially sensitive - I've asked via private lounge & a PR contact and no luck.
However what I do know, is it appears the total of saloons and estates was 639 based on press releases found elsewhere. howmanyleft etc does not split by bodystyle unfortunately, but aligns to roughly this. I reckon at a rough guess its about 75 estates, but hard to say.

Getting to the point, in this thread there are 13 different S211's owned by members. Based on reg's I've seen on auction sites, in person, on facebook, instagram etc I've got another 21 what I believe to be unique cars. I've had to do some serious stalking of Facebook, my confused.com quote history and MOT checkers to find all these, should have written them down at the time!

So as it stands, we have at least 34.

I've only taken info from the public domain, but I'm aware people may not want it compiled in this way, so I won't share the spreadsheet in its current form.

Here is an extract with reg's removed, if you want to add any info on your current car that I'm missing either publicly or by PM, please do! The number of different silvers always confuses me..... And the notes section is to help me more than anything, don't think into it too much if your car is blank!

Maybe once I've tidied it up, we can fill in some more blanks from the "ebay section" not shown. I can visualize quite a few past ebay ads in my head, but most seem to be lost now so the info is gone. Distinctive ones I can add by feature/colour such as the Linarite blue one (which must be like 1 of 1?) but if I just start listing "silver E55" I'll be guaranteed to inadvertently duplicate cars.....

5selFpv.jpg

VdZdGMN.jpg
Making me definitely want some on mine now! but what happened you've got RIP next to it below in your avatar?

I'd argue easier to keep clean because of the increased diameter giving you better access! With the 18's its pretty much impossible to clean the brake calipers or the rim inners with them still on the car.
True but all those little bolt heads are a bit of a mare lol! will have a look I quite like the two piece wheels on the performance pack for the E63 though as well it's hard choice their weirdly 1" smaller so still 18" will see happy with std for now till at least spring when it's back on the road again. Get work bonus next month so lets see lol!

20210902_145957.jpg20210902_150038.jpg20220102_145030.jpg
Screenshot_20201226-095752_Samsung Internet.jpg

Here are some stance photos of my W211 wagon, also attached a photo of my hemi 🙂

It shares some DNA from a W211. Back in them days, they were a product of Diamler Chrysler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom