• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

S212 E500 Five Years In

Just out of curiosity, did you change the front shocks/top mount?

Audio update. My record-producing mate was over yesterday and he asked for a demo of the car audio. He was impressed. I'll take that; amongst other things on his CV, he's produced a Coldplay album so he know what's he's talking about.

Off on hols shortly so more tasks to tick off.

I fitted the bike rack last night and started on the windows.....it's amazing how much traffic film builds up on the inside of the screen and how hard it is to completely remove. It took three goes.

Stuck some screen wash in, filled it up with petrol and booked it in for a last minute a/c regas tomorrow.

Why is it that my cars only ever approach perfection (a) immediately before I go on holiday or (b) immediately before I sell them?

I can’t remember if I’ve ever bought a car with clean windows on the inside. There’s always rubbish to be taken off on the first clean. No-one bothers any more.

Off on hols shortly so more tasks to tick off.

I fitted the bike rack last night and started on the windows.....it's amazing how much traffic film builds up on the inside of the screen and how hard it is to completely remove. It took three goes.

Stuck some screen wash in, filled it up with petrol and booked it in for a last minute a/c regas tomorrow.

Why is it that my cars only ever approach perfection (a) immediately before I go on holiday or (b) immediately before I sell them?
Im the same - my Wife couldn't understand me spending hours polishing and detailing the S212 before we drove down to the Netherlands in the pouring rain and getting it full of crumbs and garbage (not mine i hasten to add)

One issue ive had recently with the glass is an amazing build up of static i can't get rid of. Never had it before but i polished it (inside and out) with Megs glass polish which seemed to cause it. Even using supposedly fluff free cloths ends up with the the glass being covered - and the cloth really sticks to the glass. It seems to have reduced but not completely. Maybe i need one of those static discharge wires popular in the '80's!

Just discovered that you can still buy them!!!
1690386250475.png

Im the same - my Wife couldn't understand me spending hours polishing and detailing the S212 before we drove down to the Netherlands in the pouring rain and getting it full of crumbs and garbage (not mine i hasten to add)

One issue ive had recently with the glass is an amazing build up of static i can't get rid of. Never had it before but i polished it (inside and out) with Megs glass polish which seemed to cause it. Even using supposedly fluff free cloths ends up with the the glass being covered - and the cloth really sticks to the glass. It seems to have reduced but not completely. Maybe i need one of those static discharge wires popular in the '80's!
I’d bid kitchen paper towel to polish off after the clean. But other opinions are available.

I think it’s a car person thing - and completely illogical - to want to go on holiday in a clean car. I’m the same, I like my cars to be spotlessly clean before a holiday or any long journey, despite knowing that it will get dirty quicker!

I think it’s a car person thing - and completely illogical - to want to go on holiday in a clean car. I’m the same, I like my cars to be spotlessly clean before a holiday or any long journey, despite knowing that it will get dirty quicker!
I always wash and detail the interior before mine go for a service...........why?:dk:

My Dad was/is the same. In the summer my Sister and I always knew a trip to the seaside was on the cards when Dad spent the evening before cleaning the car!

I always wash and detail the interior before mine go for a service...........why?:dk:
Same, even MoT’s. When I took my Alfa in last time they sarcastically said “Could you clean it before you bring it in next time?” 😁

Funny to read all your replies. I've just finished sorting out a really annoying trim vibration from the boot when the sounds were cranked right up. Sorted!

Just did two long days of driving to get to the Isle de Re.

That sound system was worth every penny of the £1.5k I threw at it.

Crystal clear at 90mph, completely drowning out any road noise and all the wind roar from the bikes on the roof.

I downloaded a few well recorded albums that everyone would like. Yesterday it was Floyd's The Dark Side of The Moon & Wish You Were Here, Coldplay's X×Y, Tracy Chapman's eponymous debut and Roxy Music's Avalon. They all sounded stunning.

It was also very good for podcasts which were borderline unbearable on the previous lash up.

Really glad I did the upgrade. It transforms long journeys.

Excellent. How did you download? CD onto a chip or Download onto IPhone and then Bluetooth to MMI? (Silly detail but …)

How busy was the port and motorway network? Prime 🐸 🐸 holiday time: I’ve never dared.

Music and podcasting transforms long distance continental journeys. (And Waze reduces the divorce risk)

Like the choice of music. You’re obviously older than we thought….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom