S500 plug in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cinek

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB W204 , BMW F10, GSXR LZ3
Apologies if this has already been discussed.

New S500 Hybrid comes to UK in November, which is two months later than the rest of Europe.

Personally, I find concepts like this absolutely amazing, where you combine top shelve luxury, with lots of power and top it up with fuel economy of a small hatchback.
Very impressed :thumb:

Mercedes confirms S500 hybrid is coming to the UK | Autocar

100mpg I'm afraid I don't believe that, and the 'over 20 miles' limits the claim somewhat.

Not that I can afford one though. :p

100mpg I'm afraid I don't believe that

Nor do I to be fair, but even if it achieve anything over 60mpg, that would still be extremely good figure for the car this size.

Now, I'd put my imaginary £90k into this rather brilliant machine than that new 550BHP RR. Impressive, indeed cinek.

It does sound very impressive! will be really interesting to see how real life compares to the claims!

Buy a normal one for 30K less... Its not going to save that much fuel is it!

" Mercedes-Benz has confirmed its new S500 Plug-In Hybrid saloon is planned to reach the UK in November at a price of around £89,000, positioning it slightly above the existing S500 saloon "

Where did your £30k figure come from??

Where did your £30k figure come from??
He's probably talking the absolute base spec S350 diesel for around £60k.

Personally I'm very interested in this S500 plug-in hybrid and if I was to place an order tomorrow, it'll be this, rather than the Tesla.

I can't get excited about all this hybrid and electric technology. What wrong with good old hydrocarbon fuels. When you look at the lifecycle costs and the emissions from power stations that are used to provide the electricity that recharge these plug in cars its not so great. I've never driven a hybrid yet that was any good they are always mated to woolly fluffy gearboxes that just numb the driving experience.

So far I cant see any benefit all it does is tick boxes for the manufacturers that are demanded by the government which has to be seen to be doing its bit for this charade called global warming, madness :doh:

100mpg I'm afraid I don't believe that, and the 'over 20 miles' limits the claim somewhat.

Not that I can afford one though. :p

The article says that 100.1 MPG is possible over the combined cycle and so they're referring to the official fuel consumption tests rather than real world consumption. The car will have been optimised for the test, but it's still pretty impressive :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom