Sat nav module help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deano1972

Car
Mercedes c220 cdi amg sport plus
Hi guys ,I’m after a sat nav module for my c220 cdi 2013 ,but not sure what one I need I know it plugs in glove compartment etc but need right one

The Navigation module for your car is Becker Map Pilot.

6410976.jpg

You can get it on eBay and on Amazon.

If buying a second hand unit, keep in mind that the latest maps will cost around 90 Euro online, so factor this into the price.

You can get it on eBay and on Amazon.

If buying a second hand unit, keep in mind that the latest maps will cost around 90 Euro online, so factor this into the price.
Cheers for the reply ,are they simply plug in and play

IMHO save yourself some money and buy a decent separate sat nav.

I had the Becker in my W204 and the maps were always out of date (even the latest versions), the routing was suspect, and the reactions were slow (by that I mean I'd often drive past a turning before being told to turn)

At one time when my aerial was intermittent I bought a Tom Tom and ran them side by side during a trip round Italy. The Tom Tom kept me on the straight and narrow and often chose completely different (and better) routes than the Becker.

You have been warned.

IMHO save yourself some money and buy a decent separate sat nav.

I had the Becker in my W204 and the maps were always out of date (even the latest versions), the routing was suspect, and the reactions were slow (by that I mean I'd often drive past a turning before being told to turn)

At one time when my aerial was intermittent I bought a Tom Tom and ran them side by side during a trip round Italy. The Tom Tom kept me on the straight and narrow and often chose completely different (and better) routes than the Becker.

You have been warned.
Thanks mate I have been told the Tom tom is a better way to go

I find the map pilot OK if you want an integrated solution. On ebay look for model number M054 or better and the latest manufacturing date as these have better/faster hardware and can handle the latest maps.

If you don't like it you can always put it back on ebay, sell it on and get your money back.

Haven't had any issues with my Becker unit, certainly not missing junctions or anything like that. Maps are released frequently and depends on when they are released as to whether the latest roads are on them. A recent bypass opened in the October and was on the November release of Becker maps, It wasn't on our Hyundai's maps until April the following year. Just luck of when they are updated. Routing is reliant on historical data and uses the radio system for major incidents, so not as good at routing, especially in journey.

Saying that I only use it as backup now as I have replaced the screen with an Android unit which allows me to use Waze for navigation. Hides the OEM system which is antiquated at best to only be displayed when you need to see that.

Just be aware, that there are fake units for sale on Ebay which will work when plugged in, but not take map updates. Becker will not help you. A new unit should come with the ability to update the maps for free in the first 30 days. If you buy a new one, make sure you have this option and use it to prove it is genuine.

Just be aware, that there are fake units for sale on Ebay which will work when plugged in, but not take map updates. Becker will not help you. A new unit should come with the ability to update the maps for free in the first 30 days. If you buy a new one, make sure you have this option and use it to prove it is genuine.

I think these are genuine units but have been updated with unlicensed/pirated download maps, so when you connect to the Becker Content Manager it will not authorise an update.

Some maybe, others are physically fake units. Result is the same unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom