Sat nav update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ps, to insert a DVD into the DVD changer, you need to select the individual disk and press enter (perhaps Ok) and wait for it to ask you to insert disk - never ever try and force a disk into those inbuilt 6-disk changers ...

R

ps, to insert a DVD into the DVD changer, you need to select the individual disk and press enter (perhaps Ok) and wait for it to ask you to insert disk - never ever try and force a disk into those inbuilt 6-disk changers ...

R
Hi Richard, I've tried emptying the CD player and then loading the two discs but it says they can be read. I'm thinking of buying a Tom Tom lol.

Sorry should be can't be read.

Only put the first disk in. It will say disk unreadable. Just wait a minute or two and see if it then deals with them. It says disk unreadable because its expecting a movie DVD and they aren't !

R

it never ceases to amaze me... a firmware update costs!!!!!
My Andoid phone... updated
My Youview Box ...updated
My Laptop with Windows 10... updated..

Yet Mercedes choose to ask again and again for stupid money to stick a disk in and let the firmware upgrade!!!!!!!!!!

Annoys me ...so if they charge that for a basic upgrade... no wonder my servicing costs are eye watering...
...ooo sir you want me to look under the car with a video camera and email it to you... Dont worry...£75!

it never ceases to amaze me... a firmware update costs!!!!!
My Andoid phone... updated
My Youview Box ...updated
My Laptop with Windows 10... updated..

Yet Mercedes choose to ask again and again for stupid money to stick a disk in and let the firmware upgrade!!!!!!!!!!

Annoys me ...so if they charge that for a basic upgrade... no wonder my servicing costs are eye watering...
...ooo sir you want me to look under the car with a video camera and email it to you... Dont worry...£75!
The cost of the license for the maps update is indeed quite high.

With regards firmware updates, however, MB Brooklands charge me a fix fee of 1/2 hour labour for connecting my car to STAR and updating whatever firmware there is that needs updating (the firmware itself is free, the charge is only for labour). Which I find to be very reasonable....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom