service plan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does it not indicate this in the service documents, my guess is if it’s showing 14935 miles, then it’s had a very recent service, and would most probably have been the 4th one.

To be precise, it means that the service indicator was reset 565 miles ago, but it doesn't tell us how long ago this happened, if the service was actually done at the time, or what other items were done during the service.

STAR will reveal more information regarding dates and other data, but obviously will not be able to tell if any of it has actually been done.

Not suggesting any wrongdoings on anyone's part, just separating the known facts from conclusion.

What month in 2017 was the car registered?

To be precise, it means that the service indicator was reset 565 miles ago, but it doesn't tell us how long ago this happened, if the service was actually done at the time, or what other items were done during the service.

STAR will reveal more information regarding dates and other data, but obviously will not be able to tell if any of it has actually been done.

Not suggesting any wrongdoings on anyone's part, just separating the known facts from conclusion.

What month in 2017 was the car registered?
April so just missed out on the beneficial road fund license cut off 😒

April so just missed out on the beneficial road fund license cut off 😒

Isn't the new VED affecting only new registrations? I thought that the VED for cars first registered before 1st April 2021 will remain the same?

Isn't the new VED affecting only new registrations? I thought that the VED for cars first registered before 1st April 2021 will remain the same?
I checked on the .gov website for VED and if you put the registration in it tells you what the rate is and, in the case of +40K priced cars, how long the extra duty is payable for.

I checked on the .gov website for VED and if you put the registration in it tells you what the rate is and, in the case of +40K priced cars, how long the extra duty is payable for.

But if your car was first registered in April 2017, then the new changes made to the VED as of 1st April 2021 won't affect it - the amount you pay will stay the same - am I correct?

But if your car was first registered in April 2017, then the new changes made to the VED as of 1st April 2021 won't affect it - the amount you pay will stay the same - am I correct?
My understanding is that all cars registered after 1st April 2017 with a new value of more than £40.000 attract an extra duty of £335 on top of the (currently) £155 annual VED from years 2 to 6 and any car registered before that date with C02 emissions of less than 120 g/km are lucky enough to only pay £30 a year which seems to be forever. Some cars only cost £20 though I don't know why.
The dealer I bought my car from paid the tax which was a total of £490 for the year.

My understanding is that all cars registered after 1st April 2017 with a new value of more than £40.000 attract an extra duty of £335 on top of the (currently) £155 annual VED from years 2 to 6 and any car registered before that date with C02 emissions of less than 120 g/km are lucky enough to only pay £30 a year which seems to be forever. Some cars only cost £20 though I don't know why.
The dealer I bought my car from paid the tax which was a total of £490 for the year.
Yes this is correct, my E350d was registered March 2017, so the 40k list price didn’t affect me and my ved rate😜

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom