Sinking feeling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fozRB25

Car
E55, R33, Scirocco & CBR1000RR
Evening all!! So my 55 has that sinking feeling… stop car too low! Its dropped on every corner, I’m assuming it’s the pump as I can’t hear it engaging…. Relays and fuses have been checked and are fine.😩

I have a bit of a road trip booked in June…. Going to Belgium, a run on the autobahn, a couple of laps of the Nurburgring and then heading into Amsterdam before crossing back home….This is being done over 8 days.
I’m thinking of going down the BC coilover route as it will always be in the back of my mind of the airmatic causing me futher issues. This is based on what has happened to the 55 but I also had to replace to bags on my previous E320 so I know, there is potential for further issues.
The last thing I want is my trip to be ruined because of another issue with the suspension. I appreciate other things could cause me problems however, if I bin the air now its one less thing that has the potential to case an issue!

So my question is, if you were doing this road trip, what would you do - fix the air? or, go for the coilovers? 🧐

Is it just a question of switching to coilovers, or would you need to add anti-roll bars too?

Is it just a question of switching to coilovers, or would you need to add anti-roll bars too?
The rear lower control arms also need changing to ones from non airmatic to accommodate the new springs.

Could it be a leaking valve block rather than a pump ?

Had that on my S500

And you’d maybe need to have it coded out so you don’t keep getting the warnings…..

Do the airmatic one’s have ARBs or will you need to add them too?
(I know the ABC equipped cars need them added as the hydraulic system doesn’t need them, so have to be added if owners switch).

Could it be a leaking valve block rather than a pump ?

Had that on my S500
Possibly, I’m going to get it plugged in if I can find someone local with star and see what comes back

And you’d maybe need to have it coded out so you don’t keep getting the warnings…..

Do the airmatic one’s have ARBs or will you need to add them too?
(I know the ABC equipped cars need them added as the hydraulic system doesn’t need them, so have to be added if owners switch).
From what I’ve read it’s just the lower control arms that need changing 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom