• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

SL280 to SL55 conversion

This is a phenomenal conversion. Perfection! Bravo!
I did a similar conversion to a W111 with a 55 AMG engine and box.

Some refreshes and changes. Way over due!

20211201_110439.jpg

20211201_110542.jpg

IMG-20211125-WA0072.jpg

Some refreshes and changes. Way over due!

20211201_110439.jpg

20211201_110542.jpg

IMG-20211125-WA0072.jpg

When you installed the 300 km/h AMG cluster, did you re-programme it for accurate speed with differential?

The new steering wheel looks dope!
Do you know if these are still available in full black with carbon inlays?

The new steering wheel looks dope!
Do you know if these are still available in full black with carbon inlays?

The black with carbon one was sold out at MB when I did my first W202 15 years ago. I bought the cream and carbon one for £250 brand new and just got it professionally dyed black

The black with carbon one was sold out at MB when I did my first W202 15 years ago. I bought the cream and carbon one for £250 brand new and just got it professionally dyed black

For how long did black dye stay on steering wheel when you drove your car?
Did any dye come off and discolor your fingers?

For how long did black dye stay on steering wheel when you drove your car?
Did any dye come off and discolor your fingers?

Not whilst I had it. It did wear a bit after I sold the car to my scummy worker though 😄

Not whilst I had it. It did wear a bit after I sold the car to my scummy worker though 😄

If it's done profesionally dye will stay on for many years?

When you grab onto something for a long time like the dyed steering wheel while driving, hands and fingers gets sweaty, just wondering if perspiring hands could rub off the dye and the original colour from steering wheel getting visible?
I hate leather steering wheels I always drive with gloves not to make the steering wheel sticky.

Attachments

• Gloves.jpg
    Gloves.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom