• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

SL60 AMG or MASERATI 4200 GT CAMBIOCORSA

Im looking into a Mas now and the are just beautiful to listen to and to look at.

A safe bet is the Merc but if your keen to make a subtle statement, maser it is.

Im looking into a Mas now and the are just beautiful to listen to and to look at.

A safe bet is the Merc but if your keen to make a subtle statement, maser it is.

What Maser you looking at? Having owned an SL60 before I know what to expect and what it is all about but the Maser I have no idea about. Swaying quite strongly to the SL60 at the moment.

I think I need to go and look at a 4200 GT and drive one briefly though. I might hate it!

What Maser you looking at? Having owned an SL60 before I know what to expect and what it is all about but the Maser I have no idea about. Swaying quite strongly to the SL60 at the moment.

I think I need to go and look at a 4200 GT and drive one briefly though. I might hate it!

I am looking at a Quattroporte, both ZF and duoselect trannies. ZF is an auto, arguably better, but the duoselect is a good system too apparently and just needs treated fairly.

I do not know much about the 4200 GT, but the QP is defo the better looking car and youll find a good 06-07 example with low miles for 19-23k

I am looking at a Quattroporte, both ZF and duoselect trannies. ZF is an auto, arguably better, but the duoselect is a good system too apparently and just needs treated fairly.

I do not know much about the 4200 GT, but the QP is defo the better looking car and youll find a good 06-07 example with low miles for 19-23k

It is all very tempting to put the 2 together and go for the QP ! Decisions decisions.

It is all very tempting to put the 2 together and go for the QP ! Decisions decisions.

The QP is an everyday driver and can be practical if used sensibly

I think with a QP I would be tempted to go with a later ZF Auto and a 4.7! So pushing the budget further to a point it would have to be one car as not enough left for the 3rd car!

Has anyone had one or had any experiences? A W212 E63 is not far off. Maybe a W212 E500 would suffice for work and leaves room still for decent enough 3rd car.

Well I bought the Maser 4200 CC 18 months ago. Love it to bits and it is a keeper and a real garage queen. Found a nice 1 owner from new with only 12k miles almost as new.

Still have a hankering for an SL60 again though as can't shake it. I have had a brief exchange with Gee (biturbo) as noticed he was selling his.

Gee....close your ears! Anyone got any thoughts on his example? It is the one that has the Silver Arrows interior and a fair few other mods. Certainly not stock but it is not an expensive low miler stock example.

Ideal for me as I can't afford another garage queen. Not really sure that some of the mods will be money well spent or help sell the car or increase the value but I don;t have any issue with the upgrades. Just can't see they are worth paying that much more for. Some are....some aren't so makes arriving at a value quite hard.

Problem for me is getting somewhere near the cost of £22k for the car. Anyone have any thoughts on what they think it is worth? I think I would rather pay more for a stock/better car as I have done with the Maser. Problem is a have 6 cars at the mo and could do with one or two going before another comes in!

The funniest thing about Gee's car is that I remember when it was for sale and it was 5 mins from where I lived. Seems like a decent enough example but obviously a fair bit more cash than I sold mine for to Jay. However mine needed some cash spent which Jay has done and then some!

Any ideas on value?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom