Slightly dented

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bet it was, those lashings are very strong, on the zenobia (sea bed larnaca) trucks are still strapped to the decks 30 yrs on, its a bit odd as the ship lays on its side making an interesting dive.

Not sure how any of the cars will be dealt with. I remember around 20 years ago seeing a brand new SAAB (which had been a sinker) that had been donated free of charge to the motoring department of a college for the students to work on on the strict proviso that it never went on to the open roads.

The Tricolour was filled with sea water - so the cars would have been a total loss. Much of the cargo on this occasion may survive dry and relatively undamaged.

Question is - if the vehicles appear undamaged, will they be delivered (albeit late) to unsuspecting buyers or will they be sold at auction?

I bet it was, those lashings are very strong
A friend of mine was an Officer in the RN and was on board a ship when an Army Tank they were transporting broke free in high seas. He reckoned it was "fun" watching the squaddies attempting to hook further chains on it to secure it as it slid about the deck :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom