SLK 55 - Increasing Performance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JLR1969

Car
BMW 530D M Sport
Had the SLK for about a year and made a few cosmetic modifications.

Alcantara roof, a-pillars etc to match the tops of the front seats, smart top, carbon fibre trim and led interior lights.

Trouble is I have got used to the performance and would be interested to hear from anyone on this forum who has any experience increasing power on the SLK 55 engine.

At this point I dont want to look at brakes, suspension or the diff.

Thanks

I do believe this engine can be supercharged by kleemann?

Engine ECU remap is your best bet, I had 27bhp and 24ibft out the slk55 with West-tuning (£600+vat)

Sharper throtle, allot smoother drive and maybe slightly better mpg but only if you drive really carefully...

£1600ish - will get you kleemann headers fitted.

I'm still thinking weather to leave my C55 stock or give a remap/kleemann headers... very tempted.

Olly (BlackC55) does some effective Renntech modds for the 55.

Engine ECU remap is your best bet, I had 27bhp and 24ibft out the slk55 with West-tuning (£600+vat)

Sharper throtle, allot smoother drive and maybe slightly better mpg but only if you drive really carefully...

£1600ish - will get you kleemann headers fitted.

I'm still thinking weather to leave my C55 stock or give a remap/kleemann headers... very tempted.

Olly (BlackC55) does some effective Renntech modds for the 55.

Did you do anything with the rear cats? Do you think the headers would make a big difference with the re-map?

Do what I do....buy a new car Jon! Never does me any harm ;)

Did you do anything with the rear cats? Do you think the headers would make a big difference with the re-map?

I did think about a de-cat but decided not to go ahead with it at the end, was abit worried about future M.O.T's etc..

a decent Re-map and kleeman headers will see into the 400bhp mark..

I'm really tempted to have this done on my 55.:cool:

Kleemann C55 E55 SL55 ML55 CL55 S55 CLS55 SLK55 headers on eBay (end time 17-Feb-11 18:34:26 GMT)

I've been quoted £1600 to supply/fit the kleemann headers above

let me know if you ever want to go ahead with it as if we both go for it we will probably get a discount of some sort.:D

I would be interested in getting over 400bhp but think if I had Kleeman headers I would have to have the Kleeman re-map.

Do you have any idea what the Brabus 6.1 conversion would cost.

What about the Southern Kleeman distributor in Sussex? Any experience. Not very confident with CKS Performance.

My guess: £12-20k!!

What about the Southern Kleeman distributor in Sussex? Any experience.

Several members report positive things about them: try searching for "Steen"

Hi

Speak to steen who is a dealer for kleeman or you can get anything you need for kleeman from me , pm me if you want more details and I can get the headers cheaper then cks.

Acid

I would be interested in getting over 400bhp but think if I had Kleeman headers I would have to have the Kleeman re-map.

You do not need a kleemann remap if you have kleemann headers any decent remap will do like DMS, West-Tuning, Paramount Performance etc.. can carry out a custom remaps....

When I was looking for an SLK55 I nearly went for a supercharged one on PH ages ago but I went for an MB approved at the end and I was glad I did as I've had a few issues with the roof and other little bits...
GetAttachment-1.jpg

that's the slk that was Carlsson supercharged 0-62 in 3.5secs ha ha:D

No idea about the Brabus 6.1 conversion, I think the slk55 is fast as it is, but you do get use to the power and I think taking it safely to 400bh is more than enough for a car that size!:cool:

How long did you have the SLK 55 and generally how was the reliability?

I had it for about 8 months and did 7K in it, was just as reliable as any other MB, engine wise bullet proof, I had issues with the roof motor and electric driver seat stoped working, that was about it really..

I took it to santa pod and had 12.7 secs down the 1/4mile and at the time, it was stock no mods at al,l only V-power :D

I've driven a few other slk55's as well on the MB world track etc and loved them only reason I didnt keep it was because it was just abit small for me (i'm not fat btw) lol plus on long distance my back kept playing up, otherwise a great car!

Hi there

Read my posting about EMP Performance and there custom headers. They run the same price as Kleemann but are much better.

I looked into the Brabus 6.1 conversion too but decided against it as it was £20,000! :eek:

£20k trust Brabus. I have just read your thread, very interesting and helpful. Thanks.

Last edited:
hi

Just to Let you know i can get the Kleemann Headers for £1100 this is only for the MB Club.

acid

I am interested too acid. I trust that the na m113 headers are the log type?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom