SLK55 front brake pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alanlaing

Car
SLK55 AMG
I’m looking to change my front pads sometime in the next couple of months as they are wearing down, looking at replacement what is peoples experience of either the below, ferodo or EBC.
I’m a reasonably competent home mechanic and have done brake pads many times over the years, are these just like normal pads or are there special tools required ?

IMG_2706.pngIMG_2707.png

Why not replace with Mercedes pads?

You know that they will fit and they are good quality.

Look on eBay for Mercedes Newcastle or Mercedes Edinburgh. They both have shops and offer discounts on some items although the brake pads are not expensive anyway.

Why not replace with Mercedes pads?

You know that they will fit and they are good quality.

Look on eBay for Mercedes Newcastle or Mercedes Edinburgh. They both have shops and offer discounts on some items although the brake pads are not expensive anyway.
Thanks, how do you find the specific eBay shop for those dealers ?

Google the parts on eBay and the dealer name , if they don’t show up give them a call ask for the online parts guy ( can’t remember his name ) . They are very helpful and will quote a price and list the part so you can immediately go back on line and put in an order. Newcastle did this for my A210 discs and pads at a very reasonable price , delivered with 48 hours if my memory is correct

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom