Small laptop/notebook advice wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy27168

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
65 Plate E350 CDI Convertible, 2006 CLS 55 AMG, 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
Hi All,
I,m looking for some advice.
I have recently bought a diagnostic/recoding software for my other car.
The programme doesnt need much as in computer capability to run,

The requirements are taken from their web site:

"With a USB interface: We recommend at least a 1 GHz Pentium-III (or AMD equivalent) with 256 MB of RAM and Windows XP or newer. With Windows Vista, 7, or 8 use a machine robust enough to properly support the operating system.

It may work on some lesser PCs, but machines with specs lower than the above recommendations are "unsupported" meaning if it doesn't work, please don't ask us for help.

Available disk-space should be a non-issue on any PC made in the last 10 years; As it requires less than 100 MB.

Screen resolution can be as low as 640x480, but 800x600 or more is recommended".

I also have several automotive workshop manuals which require to run on Windows XP, so I run them on an XP Virtual Machine.
Could anyone recommend a windows notebook or indeed a small laptop that could operate the above programmes, I will need it to connect wirelessly to the internet as well. I want it to be as physically small as possible with a 7"-10" screen.
I would rather try to keep the cost down as I have spent just so much money lately, though I will buy new but would prefer a possible cheaper option, so maybe a few links to suitable e-bay items or even might be lucky and someone might have one suitable for sale.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Update.

Toshiba do a smaller one the NB100 you may see on the bay.... its too small. Keys are horrible. The NB200 series as this one especially with 2GB ram (they have 1GB as std and only 1 stick so 2GB is the max)

We have them running windows 7, office, spss, everything that you would probably need to run.

The 2GB upgrade well worth doing if you look at others with 1GB, should only be around £15 for a DDR2 stick.

Almost anything would do....

I use these things at work for the techs we have had them a few yrs now and they are pretty robust.

Also handy on holiday as small,

quick search found this, so much choice as almost any make would do.

Toshiba NB200 Netbook, UPGRADED + EXTRAS | eBay

Looks good, with everything you need

That does look good, shame it collection only, but it does look really neat and best of all small, I have to do another search e-bay see if there is any others like that.

I have a recent Asus net book,probably 3/4 years old,i used it to run dive planning software and store photos when I was diving.
Its immaculate,i may have the box £80 posted.

I have a recent Asus net book,probably 3/4 years old,i used it to run dive planning software and store photos when I was diving.
Its immaculate,i may have the box £80 posted.

Do you know the spec? model number etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom