So tell me what's 44nm in real man figures ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
There's absolutely no way I'm removing a bumper, subframe, radiator, air con condenser, and various turbo pipes to change a starter motor. So I think I can get to it by removing the fuel rail and using spanners but in not going to be able to retorque the bolts. So is 44nm hand tight plus a quarter of a turn or is it as tight as a Yorkshireman or is it smash the absolute bejesus til it turns no more :)

Or does it not really really matter with a starter motor ?

Cheers

Feck knows. I'm completely baffled by people talking about a car's torque in Nm's. It means mothing to me. Could be 50lb/ft. No, 5,000? 500? I dunno.

Same as people talking to me about babys' weights in "kay-jees". Firstly it's not "kay-jees" it's kilos. And that's still wrong as I have to double everything in my head and add 10% to find out the baby weighed 9lbs or whatever.

Who's changing these things. And why? To what end?

What's going on? We should be told.

Feck knows. I'm completely baffled by people talking about a car's torque in Nm's. It means mothing to me. Could be 50lb/ft. No, 5,000? 500? I dunno.

Same as people talking to me about babys' weights in "kay-jees". Firstly it's not "kay-jees" it's kilos. And that's still wrong as I have to double everything in my head and add 10% to find out the baby weighed 9lbs or whatever.

wslr8.jpg

What is the size on the bolt head? What length of wrench will you be using?

Wheel bolts are 100+ nm.

Sump bolts are typically 8nm for the small bolts and 25nm for the larger bolts.

This might go evyou an idea.

Also, what not just buy a torque wrench? Draper have done decently priced ones. It will come in handy in future jobs.

I think OP might have a torque wrench , access might be the problem.

I see, missed that. There are various clever wobble-swivel wrench adapters that might help, e.g.:

Screenshot-20231003-130455-e-Bay.jpg

No point in using a torque wrench with swivel adapters, you'll be changing the effective length, so torque settings will be wrong.

If you really don't know what 44Nm feels like, find a bolt of same diameter you can access easily with your torque wrench and try it out.

I thought the question was about nautical miles…
Haha, no, that's NM. 'nm' is nanometres.

EDIT: Oh wait, you're right - 'nm' is used by some for nautical miles.

Here's another thing - when im navigating in a car i think in miles, when im on the pushbike i think in Km. Same with running.

I heard it’s Bill Gates and the World Health Organisation, and it’s part of the master plan by the elite to remove our freedom.

Don’t believe what mainstream media tell you. The big ones are owned by the elite and the small ones are on the payroll.

Don’t believe search results from Google either, they censor the truth, and so you only see search results which “conform”.

The good news is that I’m not alone, the producers of Coronation Street know, that’s why they show characters using Voggle.

The grand plan started with the metric system, then 9/11, 5g, COVID-19, EVs and soon only allowing one car per address.

Unfortunately the plan ends with us all becoming slaves to the elite, and eventually being farmed to harness our life force.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this post is now mysteriously removed from MBClub by “them”, they don’t like the resistance.

They’re watching and listening to us all through our smartphones, smart home devices, and so they know I’ve posted this.

In future I shall only reply with one blink for yes and two blinks for no. In the meantime, you haven’t seen me, right? 👀

At my age I don't need to make a clicking sound, my elbow does it automatically...... 😎
You’re obsessed with joints. First the toe, then the knee, and now your elbow. Just accept you have a problem and change your username to ToeKneeElbowAnkle 😁

Here's another thing - when im navigating in a car i think in miles, when im on the pushbike i think in Km. Same with running.
That must mean that you’re about 50% brainwashed. You can still maybe reverse the effects, but only if you still order cold meat and cheese in pounds and ounces.

That’s how I realised that I was half brainwashed, at the butchers I ordered 1.6kg of sirloin and half-pound of boiled ham. The evidence was there in front of me.

I realised just in time and joined the resistance. My advice would be to get a subscription to the Daily Mail, and later move on to the dark web when you’re ready.

Keep tightening until you feel the thread start to strip .......then back a quarter turn. Jobs a goodun'!

You’re obsessed with joints. First the toe, then the knee, and now your elbow. Just accept you have a problem and change your username to ToeKneeElbowAnkle 😁
At least I'm not obsessed with flashing policemen........ 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom