So today I bought an iBook...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
Following on from Scott's threads! :D

I've been over the moon with the Mac Mini that I got last month (girlfriend thought I had bought her a box of chocolates and a soap dish :rolleyes: ) and really surprised how quickly I got used to it.

Now taken the plunge and bought a 14" iBook today to replace my aging Dell Latitude. Seems an ideal small notebook for when traveling.
I never though I would be buying Mac's to replace my Windows machines!!

I found a utility on Apples website today that allows me to stream video, music and pictures direct to the Tivo, how cool is that??!

Discovering more Mac goodies every day! Cheers Scott!

Now those Apple Cinema displays.... ummmmmm :D :D :rock:

Maff,

Excellent choice. They really are excellent machines, and I'm glad you found some use for them. Don't forget that the new version of OS X comes out next month which is a real step forward for the system and is expected to steal some serius thunder from MS Longhorn for desktop users.

I've really only got a few changes (much faster drive and DVD burner) to make to the mini, and really enjoy using it.

yep , excellent choice.

Im over the moon with my ultra portable 12" Ibook. Battery life and wifi strength is unbelievable.

Fuzzer - how much are you getting out of the battery....? Been thinking about it, but my Acer gives 5 hours and most others don't.

Maff said:
I found a utility on Apples website today that allows me to stream video, music and pictures direct to the Tivo, how cool is that??!

Maff, what's the utility?

scotth_uk said:
Fuzzer - how much are you getting out of the battery....? Been thinking about it, but my Acer gives 5 hours and most others don't.

im getting 5-6 hours out of a single charge. 4 hours if im playing back dvd. Sleep mode is really good too.

I had a sony before and it was pants. :eek:

nickmann said:
Maff, what's the utility?

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/internet_utilities/tivodesktop.html

tivodesktop_200502151559.jpg

Well, iBook has now gone back, and a PowerBook 15" is on it's way!

Slight oversight on my part that the iBook doesn't have a PCMCIA slot, so I can't use a 3G/GPRS data card when out and about, so the Powerbook which does have PCMCIA is going to replace it.

Also treated myself to a wireless mouse and their rucksack type holdall for it.

Can’t wait to start playing with it!! :D

Edit to say I even managed to get a discount!!! :bannana:

Wahey! Where did you obtain the discount? Apple gear is rarely discounted. Gotta love price fixing.

Just called them up and asked for a discount when ordering. First they wanted to sell me their warrantee and would give me a £75 discount, but in the end they settled for no extended warrantee and a £50 discount :)

Hahah! Well done.

Did they try and sell you a .Mac subsciption too? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom