• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Spare part availability?

Jukie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MY11 E350 CDi Avantgarde
How are forum members or their mechanics (MB or indie) finding the availability of spares, bethe OEM or third party like for like?

I was talking generally with my indie on Tuesday whilst booking my car in for MoT and he was saying it’s been a real struggle for many months, especially for older cars although he said even cars as ‘young’ as 2012 are proving problematic.

I've only needed one part since owning my CLS55, an airmatic strut - it was on back order for several months with no timeframe for availability. Had to cancel and order a high quality alternative out of neccesity - Pretty sure for most stuff it's general enough to be in circulation/common with other models across the range

I might have been lucky, but my dealer in Nottingham have come up trumps with everything I've needed for my W202 when I've needed it, albeit after wait of 2 or 3 days. Including obscure little trim clips & seals, and the bespoke AMG brake discs.

Had the SUV in the dealers for a month waiting for a set of OEM rear springs for the Cayenne as one had snapped , luckily under warranty.

Thought it was a pi$$ take until i spoke to my sons mate who is a mechanic for Skoda and he said that they have a few vehicles waiting on suspension components which used to be made in the Ukraine and supply isn`t what it used to be for obvious reasons.

K

Could be cynical but non available spare parts removes cars from the road.

I had a perfectly good Volvo V90 that I had to scrap through non availability of parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom