Spinners .. are they illegal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
my 911 is a diesel :D and i do my bit by using light saving bulbs and recycling my shredded files

Last edited:
The motorway lads NEED the large 4x4s so dozy drivers don't run into them when they stop at an incident.
. ;)

Well this does not cut ice with the green people when mothers tell them they need the 4x4 to protect their kids if someone runs in to them so why is it different for the old bill?
I have seen a bit of their kit and if it is that much, then get an smax or a galaxy.
As for road tax they do have discs on the glass so someone must be paying something

Last edited:
Next time you are stopped check the road tax cost (Emergency Service Vehicles are rated Nil).

Lifetime costs inc depreciation are one of the factors when identifying which equipt should be bought (as well as what the task in hand is) - its a tool to do a job nothing more, nothing less (and you're just jealous, again :D )

You might joke that they should all be driving Corsas but if you are stuck in queue behind the jack-knifed 38 tonner, would you rather wait an hour before the recovery truck makes it through the traffic or 15 minutes whilst the RangeRover pulls it clear of 2 lanes...?!

All i am saying is if it is okay for the old bill as per the reasons mentioned above, then it should be okay for the rest of the public.
I mean who knows if i would like to pull trucks out the way too? or keep safe from dozy drivers?
they do not need such vehicles.

Space get an MPV.
speed get a turbo charged diesel BMW estate.
Puling power get an arctic recovery or a rexton 2

If we have to wait 4 days for a copper to turn up after a burglary, then we can surely wait for 2hrs to clear up the motorway and if the road is blocked surely no one can be done for speeding then:rolleyes:

Oh dear less revenue made that day:(

Last edited:
Have you SEEN all the kit the firearms guys wear and carry? They do have some T5s and hate them as they are so cramped. We have one on my unit and it ain't the most spacious thing i've ever driven.

. ;)

are you saying all ther kit cannot fit in a wardrobe? cos you sure can fit a wardrobe in the back of a T5 and the X5 is not that spacious inside neither and anyway i did see once in tv in which they were arguing about who uses the X5 as they did not like the range rover so there is a bit of enjoyment in there
All police in europe are armed as well and they do not roll around on 4x4 cars.
better still if they are that desperate for space, get a shogun or a rexton 2 . More torque than any X5

Last edited:
I see these quite regularly in London:

dsc08086.jpg

dsc08085.jpg

omg hahahaha

"a child could get hurt" omg what a buch of ****e

seems police have very little to do latly, even though they failed to turn up the few times weve called them, useless bunch of *****

the point i was making and which you ,deliberately side stepped was that not every tax disk/road fund licence costs money

side step means you move sideways stepping at the same time to your left or right.
not sure i did that :D Phew now where were we.
either way road tax or not taxpayers still pay one way or the other and to buy and maintain an X5 is more expensive than a ssangyong rodius / rexton/ shogun and they have way more space .

Bet the X5 is more reliable than a SssssssangriaYong Mussello or whatever ...

Can't be having the rozzers broken down by the side of the road .... ;)

I don't think anyone is going to win this argument with you Recycled , you obviously don't like the plod and have it in for them regardless of what they do ....

If they had a sh**box 4x4 and they broke down on the way to a big accident and people died , you'd blame them for that as well wouldn't you ?

I have been in a police RR, it doesn't drive well and was a handful (each division of Cambs Traffic have 1 alongside their others, mainly T5's) - and the police chappie I was with said they are not pursuit vehicles, they are used for "presence" and "sh1t jobs"

Unreliable. with a merc engine and gearbox.
im not having that .anyway there is always the shogun still 5.5k cheaper than the x5

I have been in a police RR, it doesn't drive well and was a handful (each division of Cambs Traffic have 1 alongside their others, mainly T5's) - and the police chappie I was with said they are not pursuit vehicles, they are used for "presence" and "sh1t jobs"

Not pursuit? the one that chased a vectra past me on the M6 was doing at least 140mph.
I am sure the 911 will not have stood a chance:)

If they had a sh**box 4x4 and they broke down on the way to a big accident and people died , you'd blame them for that as well wouldn't you ?

how can you blame them if there is an accident and people died?
it is the peoples/drivers fault .
it is their fault though when there is a multiple pile up due to people slowing down and slamming on after seeing a traffic car with the dreaded hand held pointing at them.
as for having it in for them , i think it is the other way around.
at least around here

Last edited:
Maybe it is in Liverpool ...

Every other cars a stolen one up there isn't it ? ;)

nothing wrong with liverpool mate.
friendliest place in the UK apart form the obvious government funded prefects

Not pursuit? the one that chased a vectra past me on the M6 was doing at least 140mph.
I am sure the 911 will not have stood a chance:)

The RR I was in would not reach 140mph, well maybe after a week. And it may be ok on a straight motorway, not so on other twisty bits, I can vouch for that

well ask overfinch how fast theirs go and anyway i do not think an X5 will catch an evo or an imprezza in the twisty bits either.
it cannot be much better than the RR on the twisities except they have the 4.4v8 and not the 3.0d.
Anyway the 4x4 is OTT i have suggested better cars for similar situation. Get an SMAX
law enforcement is not about being comfy.
i could do with a widwscreen in my office too.

Last edited:
I have no idea; the police one was certainly not anything other than standard, apart from brakes. Also it was automatic; the Volvo's are manual, which surprised me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom