Springs & Dampers for AMG, OEM/Aftermarket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

converse120

Car
C43 (sold a while back), mondeo currently
I’m sure I read that the dampers that AMG will fit to a vehicle will depend on what options have been fitted. Am I right or was I dreaming ?

I think I also read that AMG don’t make their own springs and dampers. That wouldn’t surprise me, but is it true?

What I’m coming round to is how would I know what to replace my existing springs & dampers with, whether I wanted to go for straight OEM replacement, or an aftermarket solution ?

What else in the suspension set-up is chageable ? Bushes obviously, spring pads, anything else ? Is there much knowledge/opinion/experience about suspension for a C43 ?

Cheers

Ian

The springs are scored depending on the engine size, body type and options, even electric seats come into the equation. This is to get the ride height correct for the vehicle. This can be fine tuned with the spring pads.

The dampers have little effect on the ride height and generally speaking there are only a few types, standard or sports suspension, the AMG models may be different.

Sachs/Boge are OE suppliers to most German manufacturers.

Bilstiens are oem on the earlier AMG`s, they are shorter shocks with AMG engraved on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom