SRS Light

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by curlyearly, Aug 18, 2008.

1. curlyearly

curlyearly Member

Car:
    ML320
    The SRS light is now lit permanently. OK, so this is something to do with the airbag. What are the possible faults that a DIY can look into? Any help greatly received

2. nickcc101

nickcc101 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2001 S203 C180 auto estate (sold)
    After reading other posts on this subject it seems that it could be the passenger seat sensor. If you go into the search menu there are plenty of posts which, i'm sure, will point you in the right direction. Failing this i suggest you have the fault codes read at your local MB or indie. I'm sure other Members will be able to give more advice shortly.

3. SilverSaloon

SilverSaloon MB Club Veteran

Car:
    1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
    yes 90% of the time it will be the passenger seat sensor.

It could be just the wires (sometimes red, or yellow on different models) that have come loose. Feel under the front of the seats for them and make sure their connections are secure.

failing that, ensure that the wires going into the buckle itself are secure (mine broke here).

if that fails then its most likely the seat base sensor mat, which requires to to remove the seat cloth/leather to slide the sensor mat out and fit a new one.

hope this helps

derek

Tags: