• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Still searching….

I saw these come on today… MOT history is a bit meh, but you can’t have it all. The silver one only has 6 months MOT and going by the last MOT it needs tyres and some suspension components …
Auto Trader UK - New and Used Cars For Sale

And this one

Then you get ones like this which look decent, but then see on the recent MOT that it has an “oil leak” and all of the tyres need changing. If I was a dealer selling a car to someone and knew all the tyres were at the legal limit I’d just change them for safeties sake!

The older silver one will have the more durable om646 engine so out of the two I'd go for that one. But for over £1,000 less I'd choose the older w203 slightly higher miles one.

The first (gold/champagne) one has had the drivers door repaired by the looks of it: the paint has been (correctly) blended in to the rear door and front wing. But lets face it, many cars of this sort of age will have had paint to some degree.
Have you searched on Pistonheads as well as the usual eBay/Autotrader etc?

The older silver one will have the more durable om646 engine so out of the two I'd go for that one. But for over £1,000 less I'd choose the older w203 slightly higher miles one.
I think they need to knock the price a bit to account for all new tyres and worn suspension parts.

The first (gold/champagne) one has had the drivers door repaired by the looks of it: the paint has been (correctly) blended in to the rear door and front wing. But let’s face it, many cars of this sort of age will have had paint to some degree.
Yeah, I’m not too fussed if it’s been done OK. I’ve had paintwork done on cars I’ve owned and there was nothing wrong with the car itself. Just a ding or something I’ve had corrected. It just needs to be in reasonable mechanical condition otherwise, even at £3.5k, it’s just throwing money away

Last edited:
I was looking at cheap cars the other night and you can get a load of car for your money if you go for a Euro 5 Jaguar XF.

They are silly cheap.

Have a look

How about this one from a Forum member?

I know CLKs are only 2-door, but you managed ok with your CLC...

Thread 'CLK 320 CDI 58 plate 84 k one owner full MB service, supplying dealer' CLK 320 CDI 58 plate 84 k one owner full MB service, supplying dealer | Mercedes Cars for Sale
Yeah, you are right and I’ve had 2 CLK’s before. I’ve seen some very nice ones at good prices. I’m not discounting them entirely, but as my daughter gets bigger I don’t know how long I would’ve managed with my old coupe.

@JamRocky

Why are you looking at such high mileages? 150-180K seems unnecessary.

2008 E220CDI 100k miles £2400 Dartford
Private, but guy says full service history including recent service. Wife's car (child seat in back) and looks like kept partially under cover.
'Genuine reason for sale' (ULEZ I bet)

@JamRocky

Private, but guy says full service history including recent service. Wife's car (child seat in back) and looks like kept partially under cover.

I like it! No idea why it has not come up in my search 🤔

@JamRocky

A lotta car for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom