• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Still searching….

Isn’t it a bit too cheap 🤔
Do an online MOT check on it, see if it shows any serious concerns. If not get in front of the seller and see what you can do a deal on. I would advise you do HPI check with an online company like Car Vertical (Other companies are available)
You could also stick the details on WBAC and see how much they value it at.

Do an online MOT check on it, see if it shows any serious concerns. If not get in front of the seller and see what you can do a deal on. I would advise you do HPI check with an online company like Car Vertical (Other companies are available)
You could also stick the details on WBAC and see how much they value it at.
I’ve checked the MOT history. Nothing alarming to be honest.

I was looking at cheap cars the other night and you can get a load of car for your money if you go for a Euro 5 Jaguar XF.

They are silly cheap.

Have a look
I’ve actually seen a few and my first thought was… Why are these so cheap? There must be a problem somewhere

I’ve actually seen a few and my first thought was… Why are these so cheap? There must be a problem somewhere
Euro 5 big diesel. So not ULEZ compliant.

I mean i would have a big comfy jag barge no problem

Absolute luxury for for 4k. No rotten rear C class subframes to worry about

Euro 5 big diesel. So not ULEZ compliant.

I mean i would have a big comfy jag barge no problem

Absolute luxury for for 4k. No rotten rear C class subframes to worry about
I really like them. They still look great and comfort is what I’m all about these days. Never had a Jaaaaaaag though

I saw this E220 estate and it’s very near to where I live, but I think there was something crap on the MOT history.

Isn’t it a bit too cheap 🤔
They might just want to sell it and are decent people want what they think is a fair price. They've looked at Autotrader, and pitched it at the bottom to sell.

Or they are scammers.

I would suggest greatest possibility of the former, but wouldn't rule out the later.

As suggested, only one way to find out.

If it all checks out (as legit and already the cheapest equivalent on the market) consider whether you need to try drive the price down, or if it's more than fairly priced, whether you risk them telling you to sling it.
As I've got a bit older and sold a few more cars privately, I'm starting to move into the 'sling it joker' camp when fronted with silly offers. Not saying this will happen, just be mindful.

Plus, check wheel arches and bumper/headlight alignment and panel gaps. There were a few others on Autotrader around this price point that obviously had arch rust and potential bumper alignment issues. The one I linked looked the straightest at very quick look.

They might just want to sell it and are decent people want what they think is a fair price. They've looked at Autotrader, and pitched it at the bottom to sell.

Or they are scammers.

I would suggest greatest possibility of the former, but wouldn't rule out the later.

As suggested, only one way to find out.

If it all checks out (as legit and already the cheapest equivalent on the market) consider whether you need to try drive the price down, or if it's more than fairly priced, whether you risk them telling you to sling it.
As I've got a bit older and sold a few more cars privately, I'm starting to move into the 'sling it joker' camp when fronted with silly offers. Not saying this will happen, just be mindful.
Understood and I never take the p!ss. I’ve had enough of them to deal with myself! I just worry about buying too cheap.

Plus, check wheel arches and bumper/headlight alignment and panel gaps. There were a few others on Autotrader around this price point that obviously had arch rust and potential bumper alignment issues. The one I linked looked the straightest at very quick look.
It’s 200 miles away from me so checking it over isn’t the easiest thing in the world to do unless I was going there to collect it.

I saw this E220 estate and it’s very near to where I live, but I think there was something crap on the MOT history.
I agree. Quite a few corrosion comments in MOT's. Lots of advisories not fixed.

I really like this! And weirdly the insurance is even cheaper than a 220 to the point I’d be given a refund on my CL203 policy 😆
Has a decent enough mot history

It’s 200 miles away from me so checking it over isn’t the easiest thing in the world to do unless I was going there to collect it.
If you are looking for a good one, 200 miles might be what it takes. Mid 2019 to early 2020 I was looking for a w211 E320 2009/2010 with COMAND, leather and heated seats under 100k. Market pretty much topped out at £5.5k, with a couple of silly priced examples at £7.5k. I set my budget at £7k, and after 7 or 8 months of looking, couldn't find the one and gave up and bought a w212 E350.

That was even with willingness to travel hundreds of miles.

My point being that if you are set on a Merc, you might well have to travel some distance to get a decent on of this age, and even more so if you need one within a few days.

Don't buy a bag of crap because it's on the doorstep if you can help it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom