Stink bomb smell? Cls55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boss55

Car
Cls55 amg
I keep getting this funny smell when engines running on my cls55 smells like fart and it can get embarrassing when people in the car I removed the 4 cats and the smell went and now its back:( what could it be?

Thanks

Lev

I keep getting this funny smell when engines running on my cls55 smells like fart and it can get embarrassing when people in the car I removed the 4 cats and the smell went and now its back:( what could it be?

Thanks

Lev

Does it only happen when you have other people in the car? ;)

Neil

Does it only happen when you have other people in the car? ;)

Neil

Hahahaha it does actually lool. On a serious note I hate it and its bugging me? has anyone else had/heard of this before?

Hahahaha it does actually lool. On a serious note I hate it and its bugging me? has anyone else had/heard of this before?

Ventilation/heating filter? They can smell rather eggy if old and/or damp.

Yup,
First stop would be the cabin air filter if it's not been changed in a while.

Also - when it next happens, switch your air supply from external to internal on your heater/blower console. See if it disappears instantly. If it does, then you know it's an external issue.

That sort of 'sulfur' smell can also come from burnt, burning or failing electrical components.

This is a sign of a Catalytic Converter working hard. It's hydrogen sulphide. If it does it all the time then it's a fuelling issue. If it's happening with people in the car, it's the extra load on the engine

This is a sign of a Catalytic Converter working hard. It's hydrogen sulphide. If it does it all the time then it's a fuelling issue. If it's happening with people in the car, it's the extra load on the engine

It can't be the catalytic converter as I have had all 4 of them removed. It don't make a difference how many people in the car lol I'm gonna give the heater filters a go and see from there.

If you removed four cats and the smell went, perhaps it was cat pee?:D

All right, I'll get my coat....

I've had a couple of 219's and more 211's with really stinky washer bottles

My dad had this on his W211 - dealer swore blind it would be bacteria in a/c system, charged £200 to cleanse the evaporator and didn't make any difference at all. It was the washer bottle - stunk of bad eggs. I think he'd mixed 2 types of washer fluid resulting in gunk at the bottom. We put some hot water in the washer bottle plus several Milton steri tabs then emptied it via the washer jets, repeated it again and all sorted - no more bad egg smells.

has it got all its cats?

you can get this smell when secondary or primaries have been removed.

Buddy. Go to halfords and get a ac bomb.

Small can of cleaner. Whack your ac on full, press the button on the can, lob it in the car and shut the door. Run for 10 mins

Kills all the bugs on the AC. Well worth a tenner once a year.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Hi I have had this also on my 211 estate then on my saloon its washer bottle go with Milton tablets as already stated or take washer bottle off car and wash out hot soapy water and Milton always empty washer bottle befor topping up its a washer bottle location issue with the W211

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom