• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Stop expanding the ULEZ to all the London boroughs in 2023

The Advertising Standards Agency has found that - surprise, surprise - Citizen Khan and TfL made three misleading claims about the benefits of the ULEZ in their advertising campaign:
  • "One of Londonโ€™s most polluted spots is inside your car"
  • "Most air pollution deaths occur in Outer London"
  • Overstating ULEZโ€™s impact that it resulted in "almost a halving of levels of nitrogen dioxide"
They ruled that ads containing these claims were "misleading" and "unsubstantiated". Oddly, they haven't banned the offending ads containing the claims from future use, but have ruled that TfLโ€™s ULEZ ads must include the data sources for claims on its effectiveness.

As always, a lie is halfway around the world before the truth has its boots on, but I wonder if the ruling that data sources must be included will curtail Khan's ULEZ lies in future?

If pay per mile on all cars does come about using some form of camera infrastructure then a lot of Londoners will be angry and โ€œmayโ€ take matters into their own hands . (rather than just those with non compliant cars ) .
I suppose we will see in a year or so ?

Where I work, Erith (used to be in Kent but now counts as South East London) there have been 3 ulez cameras chopped down in the space of a week. Quite frankly it's a ยฃhit hole and pikey central. I'm pretty much convinced that the choppings have bugger all to do with the ulez and more to do with the pikeys not wanting to be recorded going about their nefarious business. A similar fate has befell many a fly tipping camera as well.

The view from America:

Just checking my ULEZ auto payments and found that one of the charges was wrong. Each charge has a picture of the offending vehicle and details of the road and time. I always check them because I hardly use the car, so know the dates and routes I take. One charge clearly shows a vehicle that has a different reg to mine and on a road I've never driven down, so I've obviously disputed it.

Please check all details of any charges against your vehicles as like this, you could be wrongly charged.
Update on my issue ^

Had an email from tfl saying...

We are happy to confirm we have approved your refund request as your vehicle has been charged incorrectly for ULEZ

Update on my issue ^

Had an email from tfl saying...

We are happy to confirm we have approved your refund request as your vehicle has been charged incorrectly for ULEZ
"But we'd have been even happier if you hadn't noticed us trying to rip you off and just paid it....."
:mad:

Seems the ULEZ charge will be the least of your worries in Khan's Kingdom:

"But we'd have been even happier if you hadn't noticed us trying to rip you off and just paid it....."
:mad:

To be fair..... mistakes can happen both ways. There was a member on here that queried why some pre-EU6 Diesel cars are showing on the ULEZ database as compliant and are exempt from the ULEZ charge. TfL will be losing money on those cars.

The difference is that most drivers of compliant cars that get fined in error will complain, and eventually, over time, these erroneous entries in the ULEZ database will get corrected, while those drivers who happen to drive non-compliant cars through the zone for free due to a mistake in the ULEZ database will likely keep shtum and these errors will never get corrected.

Seems the ULEZ charge will be the least of your worries in Khan's Kingdom:

Per-mile-charging is the fairest way to tax motorists, in my view.

You could argue that tax on fuel is already a pay-per-mile strategy.

So, when the public are forced off the road, who is going to pay the lost revenue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom